C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Punches
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Hi,

I've searched the forums and Google but haven't really found what I need. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a 2014 C7, 2,300 miles with a Procharher D1SC supercharger. I purchased this car from Colorado. I live in Boise Idaho. I spoke with Procharger and they said the tune I have the MAF should auto adjust and that a retune is not critical. It's about 3K feet lower in elevation here.

initially, and mostly the car runs extremely well. The last few days (super hot outside) the car has randomly revved up to about 3K rpm while idling and in neutral and then in a few seconds normalizez. This occurs completely randomly and sometimes not at all. It's usually very hot when it does happen.

Is it a vacuum leak? Do i need a retune? What would cause this so inconsistently? Any help is greatly appreciated!

JP
Old 06-30-2015, 09:34 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Punches,

Don't have an answer for you but did a search for tuners in your area and found these threads. Hope they help and good luck

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-boise-id.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...egon-area.html
Old 06-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Punches
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by slesher
Hey Punches,

Don't have an answer for you but did a search for tuners in your area and found these threads. Hope they help and good luck

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-boise-id.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...egon-area.html
Thanks! I tried to contact Kimble already and the numbers are disconnected. I am afraid they're out of business given the thread is so old. I'm good with going to Portland OR wherever I just want to ensure its necessary and the cause of the problem before I pay to have the car shipped or drive 10 hours.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:50 PM
JUSTCRZN
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Punches you have a pm
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Punches
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JUSTCRZN
Punches you have a pm
Thanks man. I'll call them tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:17 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Idle issues and surging issues are all pre-boost---The provided tunes furnished by procharger mostly only affect tuning WIRH boost--as your engine is bascically STOCK and should run as such pre boost
If you are having idle issue like surging or dying--those are typical issues related to a cold air intake or re routing of your MAF sensor location or intake air plumbing--Not related to the SC at all---
Have you recently re oiled your air filter? changed the air flow intake plumbing or MAF location ???
Data logging is the only way to see exactly how far off your fuel trims are--If they are way off you'll get the idle issues you describe-
Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Punches
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by tblu92
Idle issues and surging issues are all pre-boost---The provided tunes furnished by procharger mostly only affect tuning WIRH boost--as your engine is bascically STOCK and should run as such pre boost
If you are having idle issue like surging or dying--those are typical issues related to a cold air intake or re routing of your MAF sensor location or intake air plumbing--Not related to the SC at all---
Have you recently re oiled your air filter? changed the air flow intake plumbing or MAF location ???
Data logging is the only way to see exactly how far off your fuel trims are--If they are way off you'll get the idle issues you describe-
Good info and thanks. The car was custom tuned in Colorado so it's not the canned tune provided with their kit. I'm taking it to a shop on Wednesday to inspect AF ratios etc and if need be he has access to HP tuning and a dyno.

To answer your question. No I haven't made any changes. It is just much hotter outside.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:04 PM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

may I ask what is your pulley size and the boost you see with D1SC?

Do you have any other mod beside the blower?

I am just curious since I am installing a D1SC now.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Punches
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by lsp408
may I ask what is your pulley size and the boost you see with D1SC?

Do you have any other mod beside the blower?

I am just curious since I am installing a D1SC now.
A conservative 6 lbs at the moment. Not sure at the moment on the pull size but will have the mechanics check. I have cooks long tube/catted xpipe, NPP and race intake as well.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 AM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Punches
A conservative 6 lbs at the moment. Not sure at the moment on the pull size but will have the mechanics check. I have cooks long tube/catted xpipe, NPP and race intake as well.
Nice setup.

Judging by the boost and from the previous post said you are located at higher elevations. I am assuming the standard 4.75 inch pulley.

Do you have any dyno number on the setup?

Get notified of new replies

To Need help

Quick Reply: Need help