C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Johnn999
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid

Figured id post on here for anybody wondering, although I know plenty others have. Did on a friend's car Took me about 13 hours with a few complications removing the old exhaust. 14' did not remove any oil lines or valve covers, which obviously extends the time. Had some issues getting the car to fit on the lift so that took a bit.

But after all that crap was said and done texas speed long tubes went in like butter, absolutely wonderful. I did make the mistake of not putting on mid pipe with headers loose so I took a ratchet strap and a mallet and got it all on no problem. Also put on the tunnel plate supplied from them great quality.

I am still not sure how I feel about the sound of it versus a c6z but it's growing on me, it's fairly loud, catless mid stock axle back and always in track mode.

I will never ever do it mostly on my own again, although I said the same with my c5z on jack stands. I can take some pics later if anybody needs or answer anything, if I did it again it would be much quicker had lack of needed tools aswell. But those four bolts attaching manifold to first cats is awful I recommend chopping it off. And the front o2's were not coming out at all even with a torch, but rears popped off no problem.

Last edited by Johnn999; 03-09-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 AM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Are you getting a tune ?
Old 07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Are you getting a tune ?
It should be running a little leaner and may run better on the short end than having a tune in her.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:27 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Pics plz!! Those headers are WAY cheaper than the other ones I have seen I was curious how they fit/look/function.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:35 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

no issues, fit like a glove, no issues anywhere
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid

Quick Reply: Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid