C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDR update (apparently I didn't need it)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:21 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default PDR update (apparently I didn't need it)

My purchasing dealer confirmed yesterday that the update applied to my vehicle. I take it to my local dealer today and the system would not let the update be applied. After some calls with GM they were told that my vehicle received the update during build in March. After I left I confirmed that the audio in valet mode was not being recorded. The video isn't bad but the white balance still leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately a couple of clicks in iMovie fixes it.

It would be nice if GM would make this easier to determine if you are running the latest PDR cal or not (without a trip to the dealer).

Tim
Old 07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
rettop
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TSloper
My purchasing dealer confirmed yesterday that the update applied to my vehicle. I take it to my local dealer today and the system would not let the update be applied. After some calls with GM they were told that my vehicle received the update during build in March. After I left I confirmed that the audio in valet mode was not being recorded. The video isn't bad but the white balance still leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately a couple of clicks in iMovie fixes it.

It would be nice if GM would make this easier to determine if you are running the latest PDR cal or not (without a trip to the dealer).

Tim
Would you mind explaining the determination for the latest PDR update? Also, can the dealer determine the latest update (or not) by just pluging in to the car? Will they do it for free? Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:32 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Originally Posted by rettop
Would you mind explaining the determination for the latest PDR update? Also, can the dealer determine the latest update (or not) by just pluging in to the car? Will they do it for free? Thanks.
I wish I could GM started applying the update to production builds somewhere in the March/April timeframe. According to Bowling Green today my car was in the later group. This was confirmed "after" an attempt by the tech to update the system.

I'm not sure if the techs have a way to 100% know if the update applies or not. If your car was built before March then I would expect the update to apply. You can also try recording in valet mode and seeing if audio is present or not. If not then you should be all set.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:42 PM
rettop
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TSloper
I wish I could GM started applying the update to production builds somewhere in the March/April timeframe. According to Bowling Green today my car was in the later group. This was confirmed "after" an attempt by the tech to update the system.

I'm not sure if the techs have a way to 100% know if the update applies or not. If your car was built before March then I would expect the update to apply. You can also try recording in valet mode and seeing if audio is present or not. If not then you should be all set.
Please bear with me- I want to be sure I have it correct.

Audio IS present when recording in Valet mode. Does this mean I can use an update? How do I get the update? From the dealer? Why do you think they set it to stop recording audio in Valet mode? Thank you.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:13 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Originally Posted by rettop
Please bear with me- I want to be sure I have it correct.

Audio IS present when recording in Valet mode. Does this mean I can use an update? How do I get the update? From the dealer? Why do you think they set it to stop recording audio in Valet mode? Thank you.
If you are getting audio when using valet mode then the update does apply to you. You will need to go to the dealer for the update. In some jurisdictions it is illegal to record people without their knowledge like this. It looks like GM lawyers have forced the feature to just be removed completely.

Get notified of new replies

To PDR update (apparently I didn't need it)

Quick Reply: PDR update (apparently I didn't need it)