C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with SD card for PDR

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Jet Vet
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 116 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default Problem with SD card for PDR

What am I missing here? I'm a new owner (6 mos) and my car (2015 Z51 A8) will not recognize my SD card. This would be my first attempt to use the PDR. Here's the card I'm using, and it has some music files on it, but over 20 Gigs of free space. Thanks for any help.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I would recommend you format the card. Most likely, the current format, especially with a partially-full partition, is not being recognized correctly.

Reference here: http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ence_Guide.pdf
Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Jet Vet
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Theta
I would recommend you format the card. Most likely, the current format, especially with a partially-full partition, is not being recognized correctly.
Thanks. I'm currently using this card as the audio source for my Mercedes, and I thought I could use it temporarily to check out the PDR function. I'll just get a new card for dedicated PDR use in the 'vette, and I'll make sure of the formatting before using it.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Definitely recommended - Best Buy usually has some good deals on SD cards when you catch a sale. Think I grabbed a 64GB Samsung Pro (90MB/s R/W) for about $40 for my last shoot, and that's stupid overkill for speed.

Usually, you can grab a good Samsung Evo for around $25 on sale.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:57 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

Just asking - you are using the SD slot in the glove box for PDR, not the center console slot for music? The card looks OK, needs fat32 format for PDR.

Ron
Old 07-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Jet Vet
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by RonC7
Just asking - you are using the SD slot in the glove box for PDR, not the center console slot for music? The card looks OK, needs fat32 format for PDR. Ron
Ron, thank you sir. I had read the instructions about the card slot being located in the glove box, but just couldn't find the sucker. I was only looking IN the glove box, not next to it behind the door panel, and so I assumed maybe they meant the slot in the lift top. Took some contortions and a flashlight, but I got it now. In any event, the case is solved. Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Vet
Ron, thank you sir. I had read the instructions about the card slot being located in the glove box, but just couldn't find the sucker. I was only looking IN the glove box, not next to it behind the door panel, and so I assumed maybe they meant the slot in the lift top. Took some contortions and a flashlight, but I got it now. In any event, the case is solved. Thanks again.
No problem. This car is my most complicated toy - lots of little stuff to learn.

Enjoy!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with SD card for PDR

Quick Reply: Problem with SD card for PDR