C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stability control engaged unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:32 PM
smilence
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stability control engaged unexpectedly

I went to track last weekend and sometimes I notice that the stability control engaged at some very low g-s, like 0.6g something.

And today I am driving on mountain road, and later I checked my PDR, which still stays on track overlay, and I found the stability control triggered when I'm driving 67mph in a straight-line, no g at all, the steering is 1 degree, very little brake, which makes no sense. Anyone notice that?
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 AM
smilence
Instructor

I found that the slipping icon may not only indicate traction control, but also active handling, but why would that be engaged?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Rd16rr
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by smilence
I went to track last weekend and sometimes I notice that the stability control engaged at some very low g-s, like 0.6g something.

And today I am driving on mountain road, and later I checked my PDR, which still stays on track overlay, and I found the stability control triggered when I'm driving 67mph in a straight-line, no g at all, the steering is 1 degree, very little brake, which makes no sense. Anyone notice that?
I've been dealing with a Service Rear Axle message on my 2015 Z06 C07 -- the message appeared 20+ miles after reassembly from a Flex Plate replacement, at the very same time it seemed to coincide with StabilTrack (what I felt was hypersensitivity), in that simply going thru a turn with (what I'd say is mild aggression) the StabilTrac would activate, essentially removing all sense of enjoyment going thru the turn -- another example would be going thru a 180 entrance ramp you simply cannot throttle up at all without it kicking in

The Service Rear Axle was addressed at the dealer by replacing the fluid

StabilTrac still kicks in while in Sport

If I shut off Traction Control & StabilTrac while in Sport I feel ALOT better, it's as if I can drive the car the way I want

My question to you is, do you think that while I am driving the car "relatively mildly" could it be enough to actuate the StabilTrac in Sport - is it set at the factory to such a low level threshold that it took me 5000 miles to get comfortabl enough or, might you think that there might be something wrong with the system - no codes, and Trouble messages -- thinking about it right now I cannot remember if while StabilTrac is actuated whether or not the light flashes on the dash....I guess that would be my sign that it is not a fault or trouble actuation

As I mentioned while in Sport, when I shut off Traction Control & StabilTrac it felt much better, (since there was no intervention) but this is now driving with no nanny assistance at all.....I'm not sure that's a great idea

When I switched to Track - Perf Trac-2 Dry it had no issue at all, and it felt great driving the car as if it did what I wanted with no intervention (Traction Control & StabilTrac under the Perfomance Traction Management PTM, so there is nanny back-up in place for me in case I do something stupid with 650hp, at the expense however of being in Track Mode (tighter suspension & steering, along with crisp fueling and better shifts)....
Old 07-12-2015, 07:00 PM
smilence
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rd16rr
I've been dealing with a Service Rear Axle message on my 2015 Z06 C07 -- the message appeared 20+ miles after reassembly from a Flex Plate replacement, at the very same time it seemed to coincide with StabilTrack (what I felt was hypersensitivity), in that simply going thru a turn with (what I'd say is mild aggression) the StabilTrac would activate, essentially removing all sense of enjoyment going thru the turn -- another example would be going thru a 180 entrance ramp you simply cannot throttle up at all without it kicking in

The Service Rear Axle was addressed at the dealer by replacing the fluid

StabilTrac still kicks in while in Sport

If I shut off Traction Control & StabilTrac while in Sport I feel ALOT better, it's as if I can drive the car the way I want

My question to you is, do you think that while I am driving the car "relatively mildly" could it be enough to actuate the StabilTrac in Sport - is it set at the factory to such a low level threshold that it took me 5000 miles to get comfortabl enough or, might you think that there might be something wrong with the system - no codes, and Trouble messages -- thinking about it right now I cannot remember if while StabilTrac is actuated whether or not the light flashes on the dash....I guess that would be my sign that it is not a fault or trouble actuation

As I mentioned while in Sport, when I shut off Traction Control & StabilTrac it felt much better, (since there was no intervention) but this is now driving with no nanny assistance at all.....I'm not sure that's a great idea

When I switched to Track - Perf Trac-2 Dry it had no issue at all, and it felt great driving the car as if it did what I wanted with no intervention (Traction Control & StabilTrac under the Perfomance Traction Management PTM, so there is nanny back-up in place for me in case I do something stupid with 650hp, at the expense however of being in Track Mode (tighter suspension & steering, along with crisp fueling and better shifts)....
I'm more worried about something wrong with my system

This is some screenshot I took from my footage, there's no corner at all, but i hope it's just because of some random factors

Old 07-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Rd16rr
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

lol's....at least StabilTrack did not actuate ....mine does - and I've finally figured out that the Service Rear Axle is the cause of all the "weirdness" going on...more specifically:

After 20+ miles of driving (fully warm) the Axle message appears, and I can no longer disable StabliTrac (press and hold button down) - also, after the Axle message I cannot enter Competitive Driving Mode, or Performance Traction Management

My dealer changed rear differential fluid but that has not solved it

Does anyone know what the solution is ?
Old 07-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by smilence
I'm more worried about something wrong with my system

This is some screenshot I took from my footage, there's no corner at all, but i hope it's just because of some random factors

4,250 rpm 3rd gear at 59 mph. Hard to say but if I was to guess it's traction control kicking in expecting imminent or even sensing actual lose of traction.

Get notified of new replies

To Stability control engaged unexpectedly

Quick Reply: Stability control engaged unexpectedly