C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best headers to get for HP and TQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:09 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by crazybiker51
Go with LG or ARH, pay for quality
You're comparing LG with ARH?!?!? One's 100% made in USA, and the other... China. Not the same quality.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:01 AM
crazybiker51
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C7BB
You're comparing LG with ARH?!?!? One's 100% made in USA, and the other... China. Not the same quality.
Comma was on the wrong side there
Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I have put the LG LT headers & lg 3 inch mid pipe also hallteck air box all on the car at the same time. I can tell a good diff but the car has been been on the roller.

I am going to put a Diablo Trinity hand tune with the 93 gas tune from that to see what it does this weekend.

Then in the next month and no more take the car up to KNOVILLE TN to a friend let him tune it and put the car on the rollers before and after he works on it.. Plus will also put the stock tune back in it also.
Let me know what u Dyno at the wheels
Old 07-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

I here good things about lg why not include them
Old 07-28-2015, 10:37 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Seannyc
I here good things about lg why not include them
I wasn't saying their headers don't make power... I was saying comparing theirs to ARH is crazy based on quality. ARH is made here in the U.S. And LG has theirs made over the pond. Not the same, especially when you consider the cost differences between the two. I would pay more for U. S. made stuff over any power numbers, but not to worry, ARH headers makes as much or more power than anyone's on the market.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:37 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

told me the LG LT headers are made in the USA. I really don't know why any one would put a short header on there car anyway. other than the weight diff These stock set up will put down as much hp as a shorty header.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

told me the LG LT headers are made in the USA. I really don't know why any one would put a short header on there car anyway. other than the weight diff These stock set up will put down as much hp as a shorty header.
All I can say is call them and ask DIRECTLY where their headers are made... I did before I selected my choice of headers.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's what I can tell you. We compared the TSP headers with several different top brands on the same car side by side. I will easily put the tsp headers against any brand you want to compare it to! Furthermore if you want to buy ours & another brand and compare you're completely welcome to do that. If when you open the box you don't think the TSP product is every bit as good box them right back up and send them back.

I have no doubt in my mind you'll love the headers & love saving $500+. We've sold over 300 sets already and had lots & lots of super happy customers, I have no doubt you'll love them as well...

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4408-te...ed-x-pipe.aspx
Old 07-28-2015, 02:45 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Here's what I can tell you. We compared the TSP headers with several different top brands on the same car side by side. I will easily put the tsp headers against any brand you want to compare it to! Furthermore if you want to buy ours & another brand and compare you're completely welcome to do that. If when you open the box you don't think the TSP product is every bit as good box them right back up and send them back.

I have no doubt in my mind you'll love the headers & love saving $500+. We've sold over 300 sets already and had lots & lots of super happy customers, I have no doubt you'll love them as well...

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4408-te...ed-x-pipe.aspx
I defended your headers in another thread... Best bang for the buck in my opinion. I'm just adamant about buying American made products when and where I can, that's my only statement regarding that. I know your headers make great power!!!
Old 07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

I had ARH on my C6 and TSP on my C7 and have no regrets with the TSP headers and xpipe. I went "high end" with every capacity on my last build and am trying to be more open minded on this one. That said, I realize this will most likely end up with me purchasing some things and then repurchasing the same thing again in a higher quality (Ex: TSW Wheels were a rush purchase and now I'm looking at Forgelines) which makes you ask why I didn't purchase the good stuff from the get go...but we live an learn.

I don't put the TSP headers in the same category as my example given above and am happy with the purchase and results.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Lol your not going to feel 2 hp, might as well take a **** before you race for weight reduction....be about the same

:rof l:

Hit us when you are ready for headers and SC or ANY other parts. BER will save you a ton of money
Old 07-29-2015, 12:01 AM
marcouvo
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Do the cats on long tubes clean-up the exhaust? The cats on the ARH short headers are close to the motor like the stockers, and reportedly lift the entire torque curve a bit.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:38 PM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

Received 411 Likes on 251 Posts

I just installed mine yesterday. 1 7/8" Kooks headers w/ catted X pipe and tune. Already had a CAI installed. Picked up about 65 hp and tq to the wheels (in addition to the CAI). This was in 95-100 degree temps.

I've always run Kooks on my Vette's and have had no issues. That is why I have stuck w/ them. Seems like a lot of great companies out there to choose from. I'm happy w/ a 65hp and tq improvement! Pulls hard and smooth thru the gears.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:09 PM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This dyno sheet was off a bone stock Z06 with no tune, but if you want the most HP. A tune is the way to go.

Our headers don't make the most HP, but out of a 4-2-1 Tri-Y header you will make the most power throughout the RPM range
Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeinAZ
I just installed mine yesterday. 1 7/8" Kooks headers w/ catted X pipe and tune. Already had a CAI installed. Picked up about 65 hp and tq to the wheels (in addition to the CAI). This was in 95-100 degree temps.

I've always run Kooks on my Vette's and have had no issues. That is why I have stuck w/ them. Seems like a lot of great companies out there to choose from. I'm happy w/ a 65hp and tq improvement! Pulls hard and smooth thru the gears.

Crazy power to pick up What ru dynoin at the wheels eveyone says Arh. LT's picks up more then kooks I dunno how true now lol what kinda intake ru using
Old 07-30-2015, 06:57 PM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

Crazy power to pick up What ru dynoin at the wheels eveyone says Arh. LT's picks up more then kooks I dunno how true now lol what kinda intake ru using
That is wheel hp on the dyno chart. I just have an afm cai.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

That is wheel hp on the dyno chart. I just have an afm cai.
What kinda tune u have and Did u run it at the 1/4 since the mods

Get notified of new replies

To Best headers to get for HP and TQ

Old 07-30-2015, 08:20 PM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

What kinda tune u have and Did u run it at the 1/4 since the mods
I just installed them yesterday so have not done any testing yet but I can tell you it spins up in rpm's very quick. The tuner shop I take it to has their program for it. They tune a lot of high end cars and custom tune each car as do most shops. He ran it about 7 times on the dyno, each time adjusting specific parameters to get it just perfect. That is something a handheld tuner just cannot do. Like I said I have run Kooks for years and never had any fitment issues and they make a solid product. Even this particular tuner shop likes them over other manufacturers, some listed in this thread. Everyone has an opinion, I am sure the others are great products as well and I best most are very similar as to what the gains are. A good tune is key to optimizing whatever way you go. The particular place I bought them from on line sells about every manufacturer of headers and they like the Kooks the best as well for fitment.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

I just installed them yesterday so have not done any testing yet but I can tell you it spins up in rpm's very quick. The tuner shop I take it to has their program for it. They tune a lot of high end cars and custom tune each car as do most shops. He ran it about 7 times on the dyno, each time adjusting specific parameters to get it just perfect. That is something a handheld tuner just cannot do. Like I said I have run Kooks for years and never had any fitment issues and they make a solid product. Even this particular tuner shop likes them over other manufacturers, some listed in this thread. Everyone has an opinion, I am sure the others are great products as well and I best most are very similar as to what the gains are. A good tune is key to optimizing whatever way you go. The particular place I bought them from on line sells about every manufacturer of headers and they like the Kooks the best as well for fitment.
I live in New York I would like to
Get there tune if I purchase there headers if that's possible I'm guseein u picked up 35 whp and 40TQ without the intake
Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 PM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

I live in New York I would like to
Get there tune if I purchase there headers if that's possible I'm guseein u picked up 35 whp and 40TQ without the intake
My baseline run had the intake installed already, the 65 hp and tq figure was AFTER the intake. Its part of the equation obviously as it all works together in the end but it was not added after my baseline run, it is part of the baseline. The headers x pipe and tune made 65.

Quick Reply: Best headers to get for HP and TQ