C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment & bushings

Old 07-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Wormwood
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Alignment & bushings

I need help with some alignment issues...

First, I assume the rubber bushings within all the linkages allow some deviation from the intended angle or distance at which a particular linkage is holding the hub or spindle at, as the wheel travels up or down & as throttle or braking is applied.

So with this is mind, can the rear suspension experience bump steer as it travels up & down? Specifically, as the recommended settings call for 0°~ +0.1° of toe in for the rear, could the slop of the rubber bushings be enough to allow the rear suspension to change from a toe in state to a toe out state? Additionally could this happen with only one wheel independent travel? A momentary state of misalignment due to suspension travel going from a toe in to a toe out state?

I guess another way to ask is sorta like inadvertent bump steering for the rear suspension but limited to bushings & not the suspension geometry?

Wormwood

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alignment & bushings