C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS or Procharger - best choice with the supplied tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 05:46 AM
ElSpa
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default ECS or Procharger - best choice with the supplied tune

I live in Europe, there are no tuners nearby here to make a custom tune for my C7 so I have to get a centri supercharger system with a tune.

What is the best option to get, I belive everthing comes down to the tune included ?
It's my daily driver in the summer, I'll get some LT headers to go along, we don't care about emmisions and we get high octane fuel here no problem .

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by ElSpa; 07-31-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't think you will be disappointed with either selection you make! Both systems are fantastic! I've been looking at both also and I think I am going with ECS, however I am getting a custom tune to go along with my long tube headers and meth kit. Although I've heard/seen great things about Procharger's SC system only installed with the canned tune. However, if you're thinking of getting LT's with it, then you may want to research the kits a little more and maybe contact both companies. From what I understand, if you do LT's with the SC kit, then a custom tune is really needed.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 PM
ElSpa
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Besides the rear o2 sensor delete I don't think it will be a problem with the tune to go with the LT, and those I can shut off myself.

I leaning towards procharger myself, I had one on my 2008 Mustang a few years ago and it was flawless with the tune provided.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:19 PM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ECS kit:
Pros: Standard 1500 head unit. Cheaper $$$
Cons: you will need to modify your stock air box and parts

Procharger p1sc kit:
Pros:comes with all the new pre cut/modified parts. Can return to stock (except 3 spots on radiator fan but it's optional)
Cons: to be on the same level as ecs kit, D1SC head unit upgrade is required. And with D1SC, it does not come with tune. So it will cost more money for you to get custom tuning.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by ElSpa
I live in Europe, there are no tuners nearby here to make a custom tune for my C7 so I have to get a centri supercharger system with a tune.

What is the best option to get, I belive everthing comes down to the tune included ?
It's my daily driver in the summer, I'll get some LT headers to go along, we don't care about emmisions and we get high octane fuel here no problem .

Regards,
Michael
Plenty of quality shops can remote tune your set up. If you can afford the car and a blower, invest in some quality tunes.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:04 AM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Boosted anybody u recommend to remote tune..i will be needing shortly
Old 08-05-2015, 08:50 AM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

There is also the option of A&A.. One of the best put together kits for all generation Corvette's

Get notified of new replies

To ECS or Procharger - best choice with the supplied tune

Quick Reply: ECS or Procharger - best choice with the supplied tune