C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little issue with transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Alaavgs
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little issue with transmission

Hi,

I have installed my Borla ATAK Exhaust on my 2015 C7. After that my c7 started to get the check engine line so I got to the dealership and they said it's from the O2 sensor and they fixed it by a rest. However, the check engine came back after few days. The said it's the exhaust actuator had a problem and it needs to be replaced. On that week I started to notice that my car gets a little jump when it switches from the 1st gear to the second one.

When I asked the dealership they said it's a common thing and it will be fixed when they receive the new update.

Is this really a common thing? because for the past 6 months I didn't have this issue and suddenly it appeared. Strange thing that when I switch it to manual transmission I don't face that issue.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

The A8 definitely has room for improvement under 10MPH / 1st and 2nd gear up/down shifts and TCC actions.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Not familiar with the Atak system---Does it retain the STOCK AFM butterflies in front of the mufflers ? OR do they replace them with a version of their own ???
Most C7 owners will DELETE the AFM system with tuning --these cars will get 30 MPG without running on 4 cylinders so why retain the AFM when it's a sports/muscle car--and the AFM will consistently cause codes with aftermarket exhaust and headers
I suspect your issues are all AFM related---typically only found with LT header installs
On my car I run NO MUFFLERS and have "0" issues or codes as I had it tuned to delete AFM and all the rear 02 reporting---Chances are the Atak system is so free flowing that it throws false codes---

Get notified of new replies

To Little issue with transmission

Quick Reply: Little issue with transmission