C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky Control install - help with instructions, parts & install. What am I missing??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 03:22 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Alky Control install - help with instructions, parts & install. What am I missing??

Ok so I have been working to get things for my Alky Control kit installed over the last couple weeks and I can't help feeling like I am losing my mind that the I may be missing parts, and that the instructions are either not well written or are generically used with other Akly kits for other cars with other parts. Maybe even that they have changed the parts since the original instructions were written.

Here is a picture of all the parts I had in the box:

and here is the exact parts list that came with the kit (I have numbered them myself for easy reference:

Kit packing C7 Vette:
1. PAC Controller
2. Pump w/4 Feet Shielded Cable
3. 4 Feet 7/16 Split Loom
4. 6 Feet 1/4 Split Loom
5. 2 Long Wire Ties
6. PAC wiring + DS Tape
7. 7 inch hose -6 -6
8. 28 inch hose -4 -4
9. 28 inch hose -4 -4
10. Methanol Filter
11. 90' 3/8 -6 fitting
12. 90' 3/8 -4 fitting
13. MAP Sensor w/regulator
14. Brass T for MAP
15. Bracket to Mount Pump
16. Cap w/vent
17. Filter clamp + Fuse attach wire
18. Motor plug C5 style
19. Tank 90 w/seal
20. Nozzle w/washers + adapter
21. Check valve
22. Relay Assembly 12ft red wire
23. Nozzle Document
24. PAC document
25. MAP document
26. C7 Install document

Items on the list marked "N/A" indicating they are not included:
27. Custom Dual Nozzle
28. M10 Nozzle
29. 1/8 T fitting
30. 4 inch -4 -4 hose 6 inch -4 -4 hose
31. Large check valve

Based on that this is what I am assuming these items are:

Note the items with the green numbers are only part of the item that is on the parts list like the "DS Tape" (double sided tape), but not the "PAC wiring", and the "Filter Clamp" but not the "Fuse Attach wire".

The items with the blue question marks have me confused. Here's why and I will start from left to right of the blue question marks.

- the first one, I have no idea what this piece is for. It's not on the parts list that I can see and it resembles the "Tank 90 w/seal but is much smaller and is straight.

- The second one, I believe is the PAC controller (yes it says Progressive Alcohol Controller on it) but the instructions appear to refer to it as both the PAC controller or a relay. If it is indeed just the PAC controller, and not the relay, then I am missing a relay according to the instructions as they are listed as two different items on the list (1 & 22)

- The third is the wiring connection that plugs into the piece before it. This connector/wiring I believe is the other half of number 6 in the parts list right?

- The fourth is the wiring that connects to the fused connection on the believed to be PAC controller, (connection on right in the pic) but I am not sure what number this wiring connector corresponds to on the list.

- The fifth is the PAC "remote controller" which I have gathered from reading through the instructions and is not on the parts list either.

Now this raises even more questions. Where is number 14? I don't see any "T" fittings anywhere. Where is number 18? where is number 22? Where is the "fuse attach wire" for number 6?

There are steps in the instructions that came with the kit, that are supposed to be specific for the C7. Step 3 says "The relay will be installed in the rear of the car by the fuse box. It has 4 wires, red with an O-ring goes to the power lug, long red wire goes to the red spade terminal on the controller. Grey goes to trigger on fuse box. And black goes to ground.

First off, I have NO red wire with an O-ring or terminal connector on it, and I have NO long red wire.

I'm tempted to just scan all the pages for the instructions so everyone can see what I am talking about. Once I get this figured out, expect a well written guide on this which will clarify all this stuff.

Can anybody positively confirm anything for me here? it would really help.

Ant

Last edited by FYREANT; 08-02-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:53 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

You need to be asking the person you bought the kit from or these guys should be able to help!

http://www.alkycontrol.com/

Either way, I'm subscribing as I'll be doing this install too and I hear its a 10+ hour job if you know what you're doing.
The following users liked this post:
Avanti (01-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2015, 12:55 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

If you want more information and installation instructions on Methanol Injection Kits, I would go to this site. http://www.alcohol-injection.com They have several instruction manuals for their systems that should help anyone with any progressive Water/Methanol or 100% methanol injection systems.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:51 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

ok, I talked to Alky Control today and it seems that I am indeed missing the Brass "T" fitting, and the Relay with the 12 Ft wire. They are sending it priority so it should be here tomorrow. I also confirmed that the first question mark item above is to be used to pull out the old windshield washer pump and plug the hole. Also confirmed the second question mark item is indeed the PAC controller. Third question mark is the PAC wiring (other half of number 6). Once I have the rest of the parts here tomorrow, I will update the picture so it's properly numbered. I knew something was off!!
Old 08-03-2015, 06:55 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

Post up on your progress and any pics if relevant. I'll be watching
Old 08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

This is a pic of the main piece that my kit is missing
Old 08-04-2015, 12:14 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

What number spray nozzle are you going to use? I was using a #10 on my 3.5 TT Flex, so assume you will go bigger.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:56 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
What number spray nozzle are you going to use? I was using a #10 on my 3.5 TT Flex, so assume you will go bigger.
Not sure I'll have to check it and see. I'm only doing a single nozzle.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:49 AM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

The instructions are horrible, period. Part of the instructions talks bout using a certain length hose, 2 pages later it says something different. It is a huge guess at best reading the instruction. If someone has no mechanical ability or reasoning, do not attempt. Not to mention, not having all of the parts kind of sucks too.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:52 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by h3mpking
The instructions are horrible, period. Part of the instructions talks bout using a certain length hose, 2 pages later it says something different. It is a huge guess at best reading the instruction. If someone has no mechanical ability or reasoning, do not attempt. Not to mention, not having all of the parts kind of sucks too.
I basically re-wrote the instructions when I did my “how to” guide on the install. Have you seen that yet?
Old 05-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,207 Likes on 3,453 Posts

The "kit" was sent missing the parts you note... that's pretty scary, actually! Best of luck!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:52 PM
SnorT91Man
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Response

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I basically re-wrote the instructions when I did my “how to” guide on the install. Have you seen that yet?
I just received my AlkyControl PAC controller and was surprised to see that there weren’t any instructions. So, it was off to the Internet to see what I could find. That’s when I ran across your post. My question is, did you ever update the instructions? If so, how can I obtain a copy?

Thank you in advance!

SnorT91Man
Old 01-04-2021, 07:17 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by SnorT91Man
I just received my AlkyControl PAC controller and was surprised to see that there weren’t any instructions. So, it was off to the Internet to see what I could find. That’s when I ran across your post. My question is, did you ever update the instructions? If so, how can I obtain a copy?

Thank you in advance!

SnorT91Man
follow my guide here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...m-in-a-c7.html

Ant

Get notified of new replies

To Alky Control install - help with instructions, parts & install. What am I missing??

Quick Reply: Alky Control install - help with instructions, parts & install. What am I missing??