C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1a, F1a-94, F1c, F1c-94

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:07 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F1a, F1a-94, F1c, F1c-94

Can any of you guys tell me the difference in these.. have a f1a now.. looking to upgrade..

Cost vs potential.

Looking to see which one had th e best midrange-topemd power..

This is on a built 416 engine

I know there's a fueling issue.. don't mention any of that.

Also the cost of the upgrade. Going from f1a- f1a 94 cost, f1a-f1c 94 and so on... also need to know if intercooler/or piping needs to be upgraded

Wanting to the choice where I I have room to grow with more fueling and boost later but not be to gimpy down low..

Wanting to have 3500+-6500/7k rpm range..no lower then 6500

Thanks brandon
Old 08-02-2015, 06:48 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While I can't help you on your question, I would love to hear the details on your 416. Did you do the LT4 fuel pump and injectors? I plan on going the same route as yourself but was leaning towards a Novi 2200.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by uxojerry
While I can't help you on your question, I would love to hear the details on your 416. Did you do the LT4 fuel pump and injectors? I plan on going the same route as yourself but was leaning towards a Novi 2200.
I literally have everything done to my car you can do to it, except taping in the fuel tank fr the secondary low pressure system. Wanting to wait till someone comes out with somthing

Only reason I don't like the 2200r or ysi. Is bc of taping in the oil pan for the oil supply.. I like self contained stuff
Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

you have Z06 injectors? HPFP? lash cap? what did you make before running out of fuel? E85? 93 w/meth?
Old 08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
you have Z06 injectors? HPFP? lash cap? what did you make before running out of fuel? E85? 93 w/meth?

I have all the z06 stuff and lash cap and 38% fuel lobe on the cam.
With dual meth kit..

Made over 900rwhp...
Old 08-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by on3wego
I have all the z06 stuff and lash cap and 38% fuel lobe on the cam.
With dual meth kit..

Made over 900rwhp...
thx, how much headroom do you think the meth gives you?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:29 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
thx, how much headroom do you think the meth gives you?
I think it gives a decent amount.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:40 PM
on3wego
Pro

I know the fuel limitations.. as stated above I don't want this to be about a fuel thread..

Wanting to make around the same power. With a bigger blower. So not spinning the one I have so hard and when fuel stuff comes out I can up the boost..

Just dnt want to much power lag in the mid range
Old 08-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

I literally have everything done to my car you can do to it, except taping in the fuel tank fr the secondary low pressure system. Wanting to wait till someone comes out with somthing

Only reason I don't like the 2200r or ysi. Is bc of taping in the oil pan for the oil supply.. I like self contained stuff
waiting for someone to come out w/ a solution besides tapping the tank or a setup that is tapping the tank? If so we have a setup that we do and they are ready to ship.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-03-2015, 11:45 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
waiting for someone to come out w/ a solution besides tapping the tank or a setup that is tapping the tank? If so we have a setup that we do and they are ready to ship.
Waiting for someone to come out with somthing to swap out the intank pump... justin fore, areomotive, anybody.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:02 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Have you contacted Squash Performance? They custom build in-tank systems.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Waiting for someone to come out with somthing to swap out the intank pump... justin fore, areomotive, anybody.
Fore has the hats already, talked to Jason about them. They just aren't selling them until there is bigger injectors and a few other things to need the hat. We are a fore dealer and do a ton of business with them.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:36 AM
on3wego
Pro

Fore has the hats already, talked to Jason about them. They just aren't selling them until there is bigger injectors and a few other things to need the hat. We are a fore dealer and do a ton of business with them.
Why hasn't anyone bought any yet? How much Is it?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:42 AM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

If Top end power what you want, just get a F1X considering you have a procharger setup already.

As far as fueling goes. The in tank stuff is easy to solve. The HPFP and injectors are the problem. Low pressure supply is a very easy solution, no different than supplying fuel to the C5/C6 like many of us have for years. The aftermarket just needs to catch up and it will, just takes a little time.

Its basically no different than building big power with a Diesel and that has been down to a science for many many years... Big Lift Pump, Big HPFP/Injection Pump, Big Injectors...
Old 08-04-2015, 11:43 AM
SquatchMachining
Pro

It said right in his post that they are not selling them yet because they don't have an injector solution ready....
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

because no injectors are available yet to negate needing it really. Well we have a couple C7's we are doing a manifold w/ secondary injectors and it can use it
Old 08-04-2015, 12:22 PM
on3wego
Pro

because no injectors are available yet to negate needing it really. Well we have a couple C7's we are doing a manifold w/ secondary injectors and it can use it
Even the z06 injectors? I mean what if people want to run e85.. at 1000 rwhp.. can't do that with stock intank pump but I bet you could woth a bigger intank fuel pump and z06 stuff. . Without having a secondary fuel system. I bet people would buy it for future bigger builds... like myself...

Get notified of new replies

To F1a, F1a-94, F1c, F1c-94

Old 08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
on3wego
Pro

[QUOTE=SquatchMachining;1590196571]If Top end power what you want, just get a F1X considering you have a procharger setup already.

I do love procharger.. but top is not all I want. I do want some decent midrange... with the cubes I have a f1x is really to big.. unless I go to a 427 which can't be done with boost yet...not woth the new lt1s. Anyways
Old 08-04-2015, 12:29 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

I do love procharger.. but top is not all I want. I do want some decent midrange... with the cubes I have a f1x is really to big.. unless I go to a 427 which can't be done with boost yet...not woth the new lt1s. Anyways

I would vote for the 2200R / YSI then and just change your bracket to ECS or A&A, you should be able to make the rest of the system work just fine. The 2200R/YSI just plain works and comes in really hard if pullied correctly. Many of us have been running them in 1000+whp daily driven C5's and C6's for years with no issues. Its just a great blower. I know you mentioned you don't want to tap the pan for a oil return but it really is a super easy process and should not deter you from considering that blower option.

As far as your question regarding intercooler and piping goes..

Couple rules to live by that will help you in the future. Buy the biggest and most efficient intercooler you can find that will fit or have one made to your specs and hard pipe as much as the system as you can using using wiggins clamps on the joints to allow for a little flex. Getting rid of silicon couplers and elbows and tubes is really worth the time and effort. But I think just to get rolling, if you made a blower bracket and head unit swap you could probably make the existing stuff work just fine until you decided to upgrade the cold side.

Last edited by SquatchMachining; 08-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:01 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by SquatchMachining
I would vote for the 2200R / YSI then and just change your bracket to ECS or A&A, you should be able to make the rest of the system work just fine. The 2200R/YSI just plain works and comes in really hard if pullied correctly. Many of us have been running them in 1000+whp daily driven C5's and C6's for years with no issues. Its just a great blower. I know you mentioned you don't want to tap the pan for a oil return but it really is a super easy process and should not deter you from considering that blower option.

As far as your question regarding intercooler and piping goes..

Couple rules to live by that will help you in the future. Buy the biggest and most efficient intercooler you can find that will fit or have one made to your specs and hard pipe as much as the system as you can using using wiggins clamps on the joints to allow for a little flex. Getting rid of silicon couplers and elbows and tubes is really worth the time and effort. But I think just to get rolling, if you made a blower bracket and head unit swap you could probably make the existing stuff work just fine until you decided to upgrade the cold side.

All interesting stuff squatch... what's the difference in the 2200r/ysi and the f1x? Besides the oil factor being contained/ non contained..

Power wise I mean.. I'm just used t the f1a.. as it had great power 3500 to redline. I like the power curve it has and doesn't peak.. I don't want anything that peaks real hard.. not my kind of fun.. the way I think of it is rolling.. and about 5-5500 hits full boost and shift at 65-6800.. wouldn't like that much.. if it hit more around the 35-4k range.. that would be somthing I'd consider...

Quick Reply: F1a, F1a-94, F1c, F1c-94