C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about LMR breather hose routing on blown NON-Z51

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:44 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Question about LMR breather hose routing on blown NON-Z51

Tomorrow I am sending my LMR breather that I just bought (got it used) back to LMR to receive their updated revision treatment. I would like to know what hoses get routed where for a supercharged NON-Z51 accounting for BOV and Boost gauge reference.

Here is a picture they posted up on here of a base model, (non SC).

The blue line is obvious, and I assume either the green line or the yellow line goes to the other valve cover. Now what about the intake manifold port and the valley cover port? and why in this picture does it look like the fourth port is capped off? If I had to take a guess to the proper routing I would say that the blue is drivers side valve cover, green is passenger side valve cover, yellow goes to valley cover port and red would go to intake manifold. That being said, I assume I would T off of the intake manifold port for the BOV and T that off for a boost gauge..? or am I way off?

Ant
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Red is for a Z51 so leave it capped. You are correct on the other colors and correct on getting vacuum from the intake port.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:28 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Red is for a Z51 so leave it capped. You are correct on the other colors and correct on getting vacuum from the intake port.
Ok cool then that explains why it looks capped off above. So then the port on the intake manifold would not route through the LMR breather at all then? Would go directly to BOV? (and T off where needed)
Old 08-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Ok cool then that explains why it looks capped off above. So then the port on the intake manifold would not route through the LMR breather at all then? Would go directly to BOV? (and T off where needed)
intake port stays capped off if NA and can be used for vacuum/boost readings/devices if FI.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:48 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
intake port stays capped off if NA and can be used for vacuum/boost readings/devices if FI.
I'm curious does the PCV system ever reverse flow? meaning where the air would get drawn into the motor from the valley cover port? If so, wouldn't that mean the LMR can would be allowing unmetered air to enter the engine through that valley cover port? I ask since the LMR does not connect back into the intake manifold port as you indicated.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I'm curious does the PCV system ever reverse flow? meaning where the air would get drawn into the motor from the valley cover port? If so, wouldn't that mean the LMR can would be allowing unmetered air to enter the engine through that valley cover port? I ask since the LMR does not connect back into the intake manifold port as you indicated.
If it was hooked up to the intake manifold then it could draw vacuum and allow unmetered air in, but because it does not connect to the intake manifold then there is no way any air is going in there.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:59 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

ok cool. thx for clarifying.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about LMR breather hose routing on blown NON-Z51

Quick Reply: Question about LMR breather hose routing on blown NON-Z51