C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That exhaust noise when no lift shifting with rev match on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:23 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Default That exhaust noise when no lift shifting with rev match on?

Is that what I am hearing? The other day I was goofing around with no lift shifting 1 through 3rd and had rev match on (always do). The noise coming out of the exhaust in between shifts made me smile so big!

Is that the rev match doing that? If someone has tried this then you probably know what I am referring to.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 AM
2014C7
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I have never had a car that sounds this good!
Even over the stereo, thing sounds like a race car.

Rock On!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Kev4
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
Is that what I am hearing? The other day I was goofing around with no lift shifting 1 through 3rd and had rev match on (always do). The noise coming out of the exhaust in between shifts made me smile so big!

Is that the rev match doing that? If someone has tried this then you probably know what I am referring to.
What is NO LIFT SHIFT? Can you explain that to me. I am thinking it is going full throttle not letting up at all, through 1st 2nd and 3rd. Is this correct. The rev limiter would insure RPM does not exceed redline. I would imagine that you have traction control and stability ON.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:38 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Kev4
What is NO LIFT SHIFT? Can you explain that to me. I am thinking it is going full throttle not letting up at all, through 1st 2nd and 3rd. Is this correct. The rev limiter would insure RPM does not exceed redline. I would imagine that you have traction control and stability ON.
Yes no lift shift is not letting off the gas and just engaging clutch to switch gears. You put it in track mode, competitive drive mode engage launch control (full throttle, it settles, pop the clutch out go. The LC sucks in this car so it's not something i would use for 1/4 stuff.

I do not believe you need to use the LC in first to use NLS in other gears. For instance I can be cruising in 2nd (*or slow roll out of 1st), punch it and use NLS if I want to.

Last edited by CDH76; 08-08-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:56 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 591 Likes on 372 Posts

I have done a few 1-2 shifts using no lift shift and have heard nothing different in the exhaust note. I also do not engage launch control and make sure rev match is off, traction control off and in the track mode. As far as I can tell, rev match is for down shifting only, there is no benefit to rev match up shifts imo.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:08 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

You are correct, rev match for only downshifting. However you can go from 3rd to neutral and "rock" the shifter in neutral and you will here a double rev. The computer to my guess is trying to prepare for a downshift. I am wondering if this is what happens in that very short moment when NLS is happening. I'll try to record the noise since I have a mic that I can connect to the rear of my car. See if I can reproduce it.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:26 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 591 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
You are correct, rev match for only downshifting. However you can go from 3rd to neutral and "rock" the shifter in neutral and you will here a double rev. The computer to my guess is trying to prepare for a downshift. I am wondering if this is what happens in that very short moment when NLS is happening. I'll try to record the noise since I have a mic that I can connect to the rear of my car. See if I can reproduce it.
But there is never a time when the computer would sense a downshift during any NLS situations
Old 08-25-2015, 01:26 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

if you mean the burble and ummm.. machinegun sound? yes.

Get notified of new replies

To That exhaust noise when no lift shifting with rev match on?

Quick Reply: That exhaust noise when no lift shifting with rev match on?