C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablew Tune Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
As mentioned, there is much more to it than just throttle response increases. Heck, you couldn't even adjust the throttle on the C6, so whats with the 1000s of tuned C6 customers who are sure their car runs better now that they have loaded our tune?
What about the fastest bolt on GS on this site that used our canned tune to run 11's at over 122 MPH, surely the tune was working well and making power, or everyone would be running those times

Reducing TM which causes the PCM to close the throttle and/or pull timing during shifts will always make a car faster, cant think of a case where it wouldn't, yet that will never show on a dyno, and there are all of ZERO track results being shared, which is all that should matter in this conversation

You are more than entitled to your thoughts on the subject, but I feel you are over simplifying it.

Thanks
I would MUCH rather see track times than Dyno numbers
Old 08-19-2015, 07:36 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But thats really all that counts!!!!!

You cant feel 5-10 rwhp on a 400 rwhp car....no way.
But if you can tell the car is more responsive and puts a smile on your face bigger than it did previously, then the tune has done exactly what it was supposed to do!!

Its about SOOOO much more than meaningless dyno numbers, dynos dont measure TM, dont measure shift feel, dont measure throttle response or traction, they tell you such a minimal part of the whole story. Have I mentioned I hate dynos?

Thanks
Why can't you accomplish both? Removing TM and improving throttle response should not require reducing peak power output.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra502
Look, enough is enough. This is what was given to me at the shop. I don’t know from 002, 003 or any other number. My car came into the shop, went on the dyno with Lew’s tune in it, a pull was made, the stock tune was loaded, another pull was made with the stock tune, and then the other pulls were made with PowerFab’s tunes.

If you think this is an assassination on Lew’s reputation you need to pull your head out of your ***. Yeah, I’m going to take the time to doctor up a document just so I can dump on a guy who I like and respect. Maybe in time (I’m sure) he would have fixed it, but I wanted E85 and Lew didn’t want to do it so I had to go another way.

When Lew was lying in a bed in the hospital very ill I made a donation to him to help with his huge bill. Ask him, he’ll tell you. Now, what sinister thing can you make out of that?

Enough is enough??????? He asked a question and you're throwing a hissy fit???? You said lew's tune was first pull, so maybe the stock tune was the 411 hp numbers and lew's is the 417??? But that can't be true, cause then everything you said would be false...

You sound like hillary: "what difference does it make", and "what do you mean wipe clean, like with a rag?"

Last edited by SharkGrayStingray; 08-19-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:12 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
Enough is enough??????? He asked a question and you're throwing a hissy fit???? You said lew's tune was first pull, so maybe the stock tune was the 411 hp numbers and lew's is the 417??? But that can't be true, cause then everything you said would be false...

You sound like hillary: "what difference does it make", and "what do you mean wipe clean, like with a rag?"
Old 08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3
Why can't you accomplish both? Removing TM and improving throttle response should not require reducing peak power output.
Thats exactly the goal, I'm just pointing out that the gains are tough to feel, there or not, but the other improvements are what make the car more enjoyable to drive.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Well just as an update for everyone, my car runs good with the CAI and headers but I did get the P0420/0430 codes because I am catless so I will be able to report back my opinions and hopefully track times of the 3 tunes (stock, canned, Lew).
Old 08-20-2015, 01:40 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

As mentioned, there is much more to it than just throttle response increases. Heck, you couldn't even adjust the throttle on the C6, so whats with the 1000s of tuned C6 customers who are sure their car runs better now that they have loaded our tune?
What about the fastest bolt on GS on this site that used our canned tune to run 11's at over 122 MPH, surely the tune was working well and making power, or everyone would be running those times

Reducing TM which causes the PCM to close the throttle and/or pull timing during shifts will always make a car faster, cant think of a case where it wouldn't, yet that will never show on a dyno, and there are all of ZERO track results being shared, which is all that should matter in this conversation

You are more than entitled to your thoughts on the subject, but I feel you are over simplifying it.

Thanks
Like i have been saying. There is lack of real data about the tunes. Are we on the C6 section or c7 ? i really dont care what some car did at some point in time. I understand your tunes have to do something, other wise you wouldn't be in business.

What i want is before and after dyno numbers with a 91/93 oct tune on stock c7 from people and or shops. the only dyno that is making the gains your company says it makes is the one you posted.

Even the rare diablo tuned C7 dynos that are posted. they have a some sort of mod on them. So we dont even know what is making the power or not.

Its just crazy to me how we lack data on these tunes. The only info we get is people "saying" that their cars FEELS better. "engine comes alive" **** does that even mean ?

Last edited by MikeLsx; 08-20-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:58 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
Like i have been saying. There is lack of real data about the tunes. Are we on the C6 section or c7 ? i really dont care what some car did at some point in time. I understand your tunes have to do something, other wise you wouldn't be in business.

What i want is before and after dyno numbers with a 91/93 oct tune on stock c7 from people and or shops. the only dyno that is making the gains your company says it makes is the one you posted.

Even the rare diablo tuned C7 dynos that are posted. they have a some sort of mod on them. So we dont even know what is making the power or not.

Its just crazy to me how we lack data on these tunes. The only info we get is people "saying" that their cars FEELS better. "engine comes alive" **** does that even mean ?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589777176

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589783076
Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

so what exactly is different between the canned Diablo 93 tune and the Diablo Afe 93 tune? from what I gathered on the diablo site the diablo 93 tune was hotter than the afe 93 tune.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray

Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by chefcg1
so what exactly is different between the canned Diablo 93 tune and the Diablo Afe 93 tune? from what I gathered on the diablo site the diablo 93 tune was hotter than the afe 93 tune.
The MAF tables are likely different in the afe tune, I doubt one is necessarily hotter than the other they're just different for each intake.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:51 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 10mm_
The MAF tables are likely different in the afe tune, I doubt one is necessarily hotter than the other they're just different for each intake.
correct..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Diablew Tune Dyno