C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 long tubes-eBay

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Default C7 long tubes-eBay

Has anyone herd of these or tryed them out they have a full refund if you're not satisfied

For 500$ u can't go wrong lol
Old 08-24-2015, 09:18 PM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I was looking at them also,they seem pretty nice.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

they look like mid length catless, not long tube. BUT should still give a lot of power and sound.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
they look like mid length catless, not long tube. BUT should still give a lot of power and sound.
It describes longtube in description But I would like to no if there really good headers I
Old 08-24-2015, 10:12 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Just imagine the hours wasted after you install them and they don't fit right and leak...

Stick with a name brand and rest assure that you're getting a good part!

I personally would touch them unless I saw half a dozen people successfully install them and dyno them.

Here in America, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Just imagine the hours wasted after you install them and they don't fit right and leak...

I personally would touch them unless I saw half a dozen people successfully install them and dyno them.

Yah I'm goin with tsp long tubes but was just curious on these headers
Old 08-25-2015, 01:25 AM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Originally Posted by Seannyc
It describes longtube in description But I would like to no if there really good headers I
are you going to listen to what the seller of chinese knock offs have to say, or someone whos been buying headers for years ?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:52 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
are you going to listen to what the seller of chinese knock offs have to say, or someone whos been buying headers for years ?
They do seem like shortys and no I'm not listening to them I'm posting this to see if anyone had them or seen if they pick up good Hp
Old 08-25-2015, 04:07 AM
MikeLsx
Drifting

They do seem like shortys and no I'm not listening to them I'm posting this to see if anyone had them or seen if they pick up good Hp
just buy looking at them they should give power and sound. my only concern is lack of data we have. they could be bad, could be great. but i dont think they are full length headers from that picture. but even if its a catless shorty, its still hell of a deal. seeing how arh sells this for 1500.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz

Stick with the name brands.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 AM
jerry07dx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The majority of the so called name brand headers are made in ..........yup you guessed it.... CHINA! TSp headers are made in china. NOT saying thats bad, but they all said the same about OBX headers and they are pretty good except the hardware sucked azz.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by jerry07dx
The majority of the so called name brand headers are made in ..........yup you guessed it.... CHINA! TSp headers are made in china. NOT saying thats bad, but they all said the same about OBX headers and they are pretty good except the hardware sucked azz.

What do you mean by hardware

And did the OBX pick up good horse Power compared to American racing headers and Texas speed
Old 08-25-2015, 09:09 AM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Im not sure if anyone knows but alot of headers arent made in the U.S.....
Old 08-25-2015, 09:58 AM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

Just don't understand why you would want to buy any cheap headers for your Corvette. Sure TSP are made in China but you can get customer service with these guys if you need it. ARH, Kook, Stainless Works, ect. are all known brands that I would stay with if I were you. Cheap equipment on such a fine car doesn't make any sense to me..
Old 08-25-2015, 10:42 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
Just don't understand why you would want to buy any cheap headers for your Corvette. Sure TSP are made in China but you can get customer service with these guys if you need it. ARH, Kook, Stainless Works, ect. are all known brands that I would stay with if I were you. Cheap equipment on such a fine car doesn't make any sense to me..
Need to ask your self IF one thing here on these parts are not correct was it worth it.. Just my 2 cents.. Robert
Old 08-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

What do you mean by hardware

And did the OBX pick up good horse Power compared to American racing headers and Texas speed
He means clamps, gaskets, etc. to perform the install. Most people with the C6 would toss what was sent with the kit and source the necessary parts to install themselves to make it easier for a better fit.

They were decent and well worth the money and picked up horsepower similar to others in the market. I had ARH on my C6, but helped install a couple sets of OBX and the guys never had an issue. I have TSP on my C7 and have been happy with them.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:07 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

From my research the metal is very cheap on the chinese knock offs and it's not uncommon at all for welds to crack or flanges to break off after a few months to a year.

That was on of the main reasons I went with a name brand.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 long tubes-eBay

Old 08-26-2015, 03:40 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

While the price is appealing to many, take it from someone who has installed (without a lift) eight (or maybe nine) sets of headers on his C7 (or, better yet, ask any reputable shop here)...

Go with what works, is made with quality in mind, and fits the first time (not four or five sets later, and even then not quite right).

I won't get into the China vs. USA debate, but OBX, Pacesetter, etc. are all very cheap brands that have (over the years) all had issues with fitment, reliability, craftsmanship... On and on. There are quality options that work correctly starting at under $1000.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
I am goin with the tsp headers are you saying those headers are not. a good brand ?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by Elite275
He means clamps, gaskets, etc. to perform the install. Most people with the C6 would toss what was sent with the kit and source the necessary parts to install themselves to make it easier for a better fit.

They were decent and well worth the money and picked up horsepower similar to others in the market. I had ARH on my C6, but helped install a couple sets of OBX and the guys never had an issue. I have TSP on my C7 and have been happy with them.
Yah I'm
Goin with tsp if I could get a good deal on Arh or Lg I'll
Get those but can't go wrong wit tsp

Quick Reply: C7 long tubes-eBay