C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Magnuson

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 03:07 PM
MT99FRC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Magnuson

Has anyone seen these yet?

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/mag...62-171-ti.html

Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 PM
2014BlkVette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I saw one installed at SEMA last year...and I want one bad!!! Or any kind of FI really.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

We were the first to do this setup and have pushed it as hard as we can up to this point. Until someone comes out w/ an overdriven lower for a non dry sump we can't spin it any higher. Here is the latest dyno video in 105 air. Any questions on this setup we can help as we have lots of experience w/ this and have done a ton of testing here in satan's armpit haha.

www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-27-2015, 11:24 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
...we have lots of experience w/ this and have done a ton of testing here in satan's armpit haha.
Love it - so true!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 AM
MT99FRC
Intermediate

We were the first to do this setup and have pushed it as hard as we can up to this point. Until someone comes out w/ an overdriven lower for a non dry sump we can't spin it any higher. Here is the latest dyno video in 105 air. Any questions on this setup we can help as we have lots of experience w/ this and have done a ton of testing here in satan's armpit haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiDSdPHJts
Thanks Joe, man it seems like Innovators West could come out with an Overdrive pretty easily.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

I've been hounding them and no luck. Even offered to buy 10 up front lol. It'll eventually happen but they nor ATI are in any rush it seems.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:09 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I've been hounding them and no luck. Even offered to buy 10 up front lol. It'll eventually happen but they nor ATI are in any rush it seems.
They were quick to make a custom balancer for Andy over at A&A when he released his blower kit. Perhaps you just need more juice to get them on board!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:40 PM
MT99FRC
Intermediate

Mmmm...

May have to give ol' innovators west a call, and see what can be done.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Wow! It honestly doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to just put the new design in. Hell, some of us here could make a proper CNC design for their machine(s) based on the one made for the SC kits and just adjust accordingly.

Seems odd that they're that hesitant with the wide market.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:58 PM
C6-LS2-MN6
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 81 Posts

Thats odd, the shop (also forum sponsor) I talked to called Magnuson directly a couple days ago and specifically asked them about a pulley for their new C7 kit to up the boost a few pounds because I plan to also use headers with my install....and Magnuson replied back that they now offer an optional pulley.

Either way, MTI Racing in GA has a CNC machine and an existing kit in stock to reverse engineer the pulley you're looking for. Last time I talked to them, they were willing to make "one off" SC pulleys....might have to ask on the price though.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:08 PM
kiley2418
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by C6-LS2-MN6
Thats odd, the shop (also forum sponsor) I talked to called Magnuson directly a couple days ago and specifically asked them about a pulley for their new C7 kit to up the boost a few pounds because I plan to also use headers with my install....and Magnuson replied back that they now offer an optional pulley.

Either way, MTI Racing in GA has a CNC machine and an existing kit in stock to reverse engineer the pulley you're looking for. Last time I talked to them, they were willing to make "one off" SC pulleys....might have to ask on the price though.
he is talking about the lower overdrive
Old 08-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C6-LS2-MN6

Talking about the crank pulley. We have already done all the uppers to give them data as to what pulley does what.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Magnuson

Quick Reply: C7 Magnuson