C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 in the shop! Radio reboots

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 06:33 PM
groundwire
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 in the shop! Radio reboots

I have searched but couldn't find anything.

My radio will reboot while I'm driving down the road. It doesn't matter what you are listening to (radio, bluetooth, XM). It will shut off then turns back on about 5-10 seconds later, reconnects to my phone then works great until it does it again (normally doesn't do it again until I turn the car off then drive it again: like the next day or something). The sound from the radio will not stop... it plays with no interruption... only the screen "reboots".

Timing of the issue is totally random too... which makes it hard to duplicate.

Anyone have this issue?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2015, 07:41 PM
mendeldl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default C7 in the shop! Radio reboots

I'm having exactly the same issue. Been to the dealer three times and they can't figure it out. My navigation display tends to freeze, then within ~30 seconds, the whole thing reboots. Dealer flashed the software, then did an entire reprogramming from scratch. Still broke and now I need to go back for service.

I'd like to hear how yours gets resolved. I suspect mine will need a new unit, but in any event the dealer says they need to keep the car now to diagnose it.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys might have a short in the wiring somewhere, or a bad ground. (ironically your name is groundwire)
Old 09-03-2015, 12:51 AM
mendeldl
Racer

I was told today the "human interface module" needs to be replaced. I hope that doesn't mean the operator of the car, but in any event, am hoping that the car will be fixed soon.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:34 PM
mendeldl
Racer

Originally Posted by mendeldl
I was told today the "human interface module" needs to be replaced. I hope that doesn't mean the operator of the car, but in any event, am hoping that the car will be fixed soon.
The Human interface module was replaced in my car yesterday to fix this problem. Did OP get fixed?

I talked with several other Chevy owners of differing vehicles, and a couple reported the same symptoms. Sounds like the issue is not isolated to Corvettes based on that sample size.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:30 AM
2014C7
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

my screen went black for good.
Same module has been ordered and is to be replaced next week.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 PM
mendeldl
Racer

Originally Posted by mendeldl
The Human interface module was replaced in my car yesterday to fix this problem. Did OP get fixed?

I talked with several other Chevy owners of differing vehicles, and a couple reported the same symptoms. Sounds like the issue is not isolated to Corvettes based on that sample size.
Knock on wood, so far since the HIM was replaced, the radio/nav has worked flawlessly.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 in the shop! Radio reboots

Quick Reply: C7 in the shop! Radio reboots