C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amsoil or Redline ATF fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Amsoil or Redline ATF fluid?

I want to change the ATF in my 2014 A6 z51. My friend works at a local dealership and will do a transmission flush. I am thinking about going with Redline or Amsoil ATF.

Any opinions ?
Old 09-08-2015, 11:54 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Flushing automatics has never been a good thing many cars have had transmission problems after flushing.

I would change the fluid only if the fluid you are going to use is exactly the same type.

Transmission clutches don't like change, they are made to work with the fluid they are designed for, other fluids could degrade the clutch material and render your transmission useless.

By all means change your trans oil, but change it using the right fluid and without flushing.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

????? If this is the case, I've and many others have done it wrong for many years.....in my case over 40. Why would it be any different from any other type clutches that require certain specs but surely not the exact manufacturer? I do remember back in the day you didn't flush transmissions that had hundreds of thousands of miles and was not showing problems......but even that had nothing to do with manufacturer type but rather other parts such as seals.

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Flushing automatics has never been a good thing many cars have had transmission problems after flushing.

I would change the fluid only if the fluid you are going to use is exactly the same type.

Transmission clutches don't like change, they are made to work with the fluid they are designed for, other fluids could degrade the clutch material and render your transmission useless.

By all means change your trans oil, but change it using the right fluid and without flushing.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Great anyone else? Now I'm confused! lol
Old 09-09-2015, 12:41 AM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I guess the main question, is why would you want to change the transmission fluid? Yes, some change their clutch (manual) and or differential but you are the first I think I've heard that want to change the Auto tranny fluid and not mention track/race. Some people change certain fluids in their vehicles for track/race use and some change because they think/know that another manufactures stuff is better than the OEM. If it was "me" I would not change it, just to be changing it.

Originally Posted by Stingray Al
Great anyone else? Now I'm confused! lol
Old 09-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

My A6 overheated on the track. Maybe a better fluid would help. I know this has been an issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Amsoil or Redline ATF fluid?

Quick Reply: Amsoil or Redline ATF fluid?