C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 08:49 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Sorry but that display is hideous. Seriously? 8 segment orange LCD? Looks like it belongs in KITT.

I'm sure it works well, but damn....
Old 01-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by perroloco85
what about if I add the 20% throttle boost from the diablo handheld plus the vitesse throttle controller? what would that do???
Would probably be a waste of money if you already have a Diablo tuner. The Vitesse should be used as a stand alone unit. The SP9 will blow the stock A8 tires off just off idle , add 20% more to that and what does that accomplish?

As far as versatility, the Vitesse can be dialed back on the fly in bad weather for less throttle response too. You will have more confidence when driving on the highway at 60 mph in the rain and are able to know the tires won't break loose under light to moderate acceleration. I don't think a handheld tuner can do that while driving? I actually purchased it for this reason in addition to helping out with the 60 ft launches at the track. It's the best of both worlds! I have one on my C6 Z as well and it performs them same way.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by BigNastyZO7
Any answer on changing the setting to 20% on Diablo?
I have mine at 15% and it was a big improvement. I haven't tried 20%, but as good as 15% is not sure your would want to go to 20%.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM
axr6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I got and installed my Vitesse. When I opened the package I thought I was sent the wrong model as the attached instructions were for the Pontiac G8. Called and was reassured that I got the right one, F 18A, only the wrong paper instructions were attached.

It took me about 30 minutes to install it. Removed throttle pedal as it makes disconnecting the connector much easier.

First driving impressions; substantial improvement in throttle response. I kept switching back and forth between SP0 and SP9 (max sensitivity) and I could feel a lot of difference. I was doing fine even on SP9 in the rain but, throttled it back to SP6 until I get more time behind the wheel with it. Definitely can recommend.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Flyingscot
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think that I am going to like this location. Didn't want any wires or controller visible, but still easy to adjust settings.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That looks good! My only concerns with putting it in there were heat, and I keep a few things in there I didn't want the buttons getting mashed inadvertently.

Last edited by Rooster OG; 01-10-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Flyingscot.........I like where you mounted the controller. Do you have any install photos?
Old 01-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Flyingscot
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Z51
Flyingscot.........I like where you mounted the controller. Do you have any install photos?
No pics, but it is simple. I used the video in discussions>sticky>DIY>carbon fiber dash install for my reference. Part of the box is double walled so you have to go thru just to the right of the cig plug to under the console cover. You have to remove the box lid and pop the cover for the shifter/mode switch up enough to see what you are doing and to fish the wire. Next, pop the leather side trim off and fish the wire thru the opening in the rear of the console and run it along the edge of the carpet to the edge of the dash. There is a large steel support right there, to mount the box to, up under the dash. Just the right length of wire.Hook the plugs up to the peddle and tuck the extra wire behind the carpet. Can't see a thing.
I knew that I will have to be carful of jamming a bunch of stuff in the console storage, but I don't now. Heat should not be an issue.
The following users liked this post:
phantasms (02-06-2016)
Old 01-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Moved mine from the dash to the console today like Flyingscot's. Works nicely there - easy to get to but out of sight.

phantasms (02-06-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:12 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Throttle sensitivity is one thing that could certainly be improved with this car. I understand why it's there. You must build for the masses...but some of us aren't the masses.

How exactly does this work? Does it void the warranty? I know that's a complex question but does it void the powertrain warranty or just the pedal warranty?

I have a Diablo on my Tahoe (which I love) but I'm willing to gamble with that thing more than the Z06.

Best,
Gene

Last edited by phantasms; 01-28-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:21 PM
rflow306
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Has someone confirmed via data logger that this eliminates or reduces the 1.7 - 1.8 delay in WOT?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:28 PM
axr6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rflow306
Has someone confirmed via data logger that this eliminates or reduces the 1.7 - 1.8 delay in WOT?
Not sure such data logging is needed for confirmation. It is VERY OBVIOUS when you press the throttle. I love it, made my driving over canyon roads far more confident. With the stock setup I had to "guess" how much to stomp on the throttle pedal in order to get the right amount of power on corner exit. With the controller it is very linear and predictable, as well as instantaneous.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:54 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Can someone please explain how this works. I'm interested in getting one but not quite sold yet. What is the issue that causes the throttle lag in the Z06 and how exactly, technically please, does this fix it?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene
Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
Can someone please explain how this works. I'm interested in getting one but not quite sold yet. What is the issue that causes the throttle lag in the Z06 and how exactly, technically please, does this fix it?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene
I did not engineer the product but it probably works something like this (simplified I'm sure):

1. The TPS (throttle position sensor) is simply a sensor that outputs a voltage based on position.
2. This device hooks up to your TPS and acting like a pass thru between the TPS and cars computer, and of course manipulating the voltage feedback to the computer to get better response.
3. From what I read it has 9 settings of responsiveness, the higher the number the better the response which would be a multiplier of the real voltage. Example: At the 2nd to lowest setting (least responsive) it would multiply the voltage coming the TPS by lets say 1.05 giving a 5% better response on throttle blip. At the highest setting it would multiply the voltage coming the TPS by 1.25 giving a 25% better response on throttle blip.

Last edited by ktoonsez; 02-02-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by ktoonsez
I did not engineer the product but it probably works something like this (simplified I'm sure):

1. The TPS (throttle position sensor) is simply a sensor that outputs a voltage based on position.
2. This device hooks up to your TPS and acting like a pass thru between the TPS and cars computer, and of course manipulating the voltage feedback to the computer to get better response.
3. From what I read it has 9 settings of responsiveness, the higher the number the better the response which would be a multiplier of the real voltage. Example: At the 2nd to lowest setting (least responsive) it would multiply the voltage coming the TPS by lets say 1.05 giving a 5% better response on throttle blip. At the highest setting it would multiply the voltage coming the TPS by 1.25 giving a 25% better response on throttle blip.
Thank you. So this implies that the throttle lag is purposely tuned in. It's confusing because it seems that hardware such as a CAI and a Throttle body can greatly reduce the lag...which makes me think the lag is caused by air dependancies and not software. And if it is software how do these hardware changes improve it? My concern with this product is that if I hit the throttle 25% or 50% or 80% there's still a lag. So if all it's doing is making it seem like I'm pushing further than I am I can't understand how that would actually get rid of the lag...yet here all these people are saying it works wonders. You see my confusion?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene
Old 02-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I daily drive my C7 with one of these and it reduces the lag. The higher the setting, the more aggressive the response is. I don't know how much simpler I can explain it. Read my review (locked now) in the General section.

I liked it so much, I asked Vitesse to design one for my C5 - they're working on one now.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Patches
I daily drive my C7 with one of these and it reduces the lag. The higher the setting, the more aggressive the response is. I don't know how much simpler I can explain it. Read my review (locked now) in the General section.

I liked it so much, I asked Vitesse to design one for my C5 - they're working on one now.
I read your whole locked thread. Why did you ask to lock it BTW? I'm very much in favor of this product and 99% will order it. The only thing I do not understand is how if this is the case does a CAI and Throttle body get rid of the lag? If it's fully a software issue how does hardware help to fix it?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller

Old 02-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I have benefitted modestly from the addition of CAI's and ported throttle bodies in the past as well as cams, heads, headers, x-pipes, cutouts, gears and high-flow catbacks like the Borla Stingers when combined with a decent tune. All of these mods have contributed to throttle response improvement because of lower flow restrictions, but not to the level the Vitesse controller achieves. It addresses the issue directly by controlling the e-throttle rather than through the indirect means of the above mods.

Last edited by Patches; 02-03-2016 at 02:55 PM.
phantasms (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:05 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Patches
I have benefitted modestly from the addition of CAI's and ported throttle bodies in the past as well as cams, heads, headers, x-pipes, cutouts, gears and high-flow catbacks like the Borla Stingers when combined with a decent tune. All of these mods have contributed to throttle response improvement because of lower flow restrictions, but not to the level the Vitesse controller achieves. It addresses the issue directly by controlling the e-throttle rather than through the indirect means of the above mods.
Ordered!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:32 PM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

The install instructions seem to imply that the Launch Control feature is disabled when the Vitesse controller is installed. Is this correct?

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller