C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Racing came to the rescue

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Vengeance Racing came to the rescue

It's been a few days since I'v been able to post. But want to give special thanks to VENGEANCE RACING TEAM. And mike @ vengeance for the best tune I could ever have. Here's a catch up of what was going on.

Been having some real bad luck with tunes lately. Not going to mention names. But on my last motor while was getting tuned it blew up. Not bc of the tune exactly. But bc of shortblock assembly issue. While getting everything fixed and covered. (Nothing out of my pocket as it wasn't my fault) I pulled the tune that was on the car and sent to the vengeance team and found some very disturbing things. Probably the reason my stock motor went diwn at first as well. Knock sensors turned off. Fuel cutoff was over rpm, didn't add fuel/timing at start up, got told i didnt need 3 bar map sensor that the 1 bar map was good enough. list goes on and on. I'm no tuner by no means but mike told me probably 10 more things wrong. So then I decided to go to the best and someone that knows how to tune a c7 ecu correctly.

Got to vengeance and they checked everything over and did a iat breakout and ls9 3 bar map sensor. Which I needed the whole time. Did some street tuning, then dyno tune then a final street tune to work out the kinks. And I can say that my car is one happy beast. I now don't have to worry about anything blowing up or tune being out of wack.

Car made a incredible 911 rwhp and 894 ft lbs tq. Wow.

Car has a 416
F1a procharger
Cnc heads
Full exhaust
Devils own meth kit

Big thanks to Ron@Vengeance and his team and thanks again mike for a awesome tune.
Attached Images  

Popular Reply

09-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Elite '14
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mustclime
lol....the C7 has a overheating problem and there seems to be a fair number of people having to replace motors, Hey! lets hang a blower on it...

I'm sorry, just seems kinda silly to me....
Was there any point to your post other than to bash people that have put superchargers on their cars? As the old adage goes, sometimes it's better to let people believe you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:33 PM
on3wego
Pro

Default Dyno video

Watch "Vengeance racing tuning the BlueDragon" on YouTube
Old 09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
RekjavicXXX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm inclined to say WOWOW, but the more you deal with the phenomenal folks at Vengeance Racing, the more you realize this is basically everyday business for them. We all learn the hard (expensive) way, then we Vengeance.
Glad your build is back home and done RIGHT this time. Incredible numbers bud. Hopefully we'll have the chance to line up one day...
Old 09-11-2015, 01:35 PM
on3wego
Pro

Default another one

Watch "Vengeance and BlueDragon #2" on YouTube
Old 09-11-2015, 01:40 PM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

WOW!!! Your car is a BEAST! Glad that you got the kinks worked out.... It would be nice to know who your previous tuner was... by the sounds of it your previous tuner did some questionable things that may have also been done to other vehicles...

This is one of those cases where names should be dropped... Just sayin.

Again, congrats on the new tune and BIG numbers!!!

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Old 09-11-2015, 01:59 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 455 Likes on 174 Posts

She's a monster alright Brandon! Congrats!
We'll have to sync up after I get my install done.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
We all learn the hard (expensive) way, then we Vengeance.
You can say that again! Close to an 8 hour drive away and I drop mine off 10/9.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
on3wego
Pro

Can give other details via PM
Old 09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by Elite275
You can say that again! Close to an 8 hour drive away and I drop mine off 10/9.
It was a 11 hr drive for me 1 way lol
Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 PM
on3wego
Pro

Originally Posted by imxz28
She's a monster alright Brandon! Congrats!
We'll have to sync up after I get my install done.
Of course clark. Just hit me up anytime. May be coming up to tulsa soon
Old 09-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Elite '14
Instructor

Congrats on the awesome set up!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:45 PM
mustclime
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

lol....the C7 has a overheating problem and there seems to be a fair number of people having to replace motors, Hey! lets hang a blower on it...

Old 09-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Elite '14
Instructor

Was there any point to your post other than to bash people that have put superchargers on their cars? As the old adage goes, sometimes it's better to let people believe you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
The following 6 users liked this post by Elite '14:
1ccrider (10-06-2015), alphavette (09-17-2015), Danoman (09-12-2015), John Micheal Henry (06-26-2018), knote (09-12-2015), RottenII (09-13-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

The C7 has an overheating problem? The C7Z06 has an overheating problem. The C7 A8 trans gets hot on the road course.

There is no issue on the street or drag racing.

A centrifugal supercharger is like stock under normal driving, generating no additional heat.

I also have a centri blower on a 416ci motor and my coolant temps never go over 200 (cruise at 175-180), my oil temps hover right at 200, and even my intake air temps are about 10 over ambient (just like when it was bone stock) unless I hammer it a lot but then it cools right back down to 10 over ambient.

So, what was that you were saying again?
The following users liked this post:
Elite275 (09-13-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 11:45 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Old 09-13-2015, 12:21 AM
mustclime
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

HP = heat, up the hp, up the heat. Get on the car for 20 minutes and tell me you have no heat problems with your blower. As far as taking c7's to the drag strip. Thats kinda setting your self up for a beating. Take half the money you have in a c7 and put it into a 80's or 90's Rustang or Camaro and you are low 10's. IMO vettes/stingrays have no place on the strip, that is a place for one trick ponies.

I guess what I am trying to say is showing big dyno numbers it kinda like pulling a 10 inch thingie out at a party. Its impressive, people go "OOOO and AAAAH". But if they then find out that 10 inch thingie only lasts a minute and half in the sack....people will kinda chuckle at you when your back is turned. Sorry if I offended you, Its impressive.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

HP = heat, up the hp, up the heat. Get on the car for 20 minutes and tell me you have no heat problems with your blower. As far as taking c7's to the drag strip. Thats kinda setting your self up for a beating. Take half the money you have in a c7 and put it into a 80's or 90's Rustang or Camaro and you are low 10's. IMO vettes/stingrays have no place on the strip, that is a place for one trick ponies.

I guess what I am trying to say is showing big dyno numbers it kinda like pulling a 10 inch thingie out at a party. Its impressive, people go "OOOO and AAAAH". But if they then find out that 10 inch thingie only lasts a minute and half in the sack....people will kinda chuckle at you when your back is turned. Sorry if I offended you, Its impressive.

there's so much to say but I fear it would only show up as graffiti.

fly back to your world.

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing came to the rescue

Old 09-13-2015, 04:05 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

There are some people who share these opinions, but you are unlikely to find them reading a thread about Corvette performance upgrades. Next time, instead of voicing these types of your personal opinions here, you might consider spraying yourself with lighter fluid while holding a flaming match.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

That really is you old Dipstick Jimmy, glad to see your using the old dip stick!
Old 09-13-2015, 09:11 PM
on3wego
Pro

Please don't turn my thread into a heat/cooling issue.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing came to the rescue