C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:33 PM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
I'm Confused where did I add an extra $500 on the bill? Our normal rate is $95/hr customer supplied parts is $105
Very fair rate and great service from Joe.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:34 PM
vinnie12345
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm Confused where did I add an extra $500 on the bill? Our normal rate is $95/hr customer supplied parts is $105

I never said you charged $500 more! I said your quote was a pretty fair deal.!!! You said "most shops charge a little extra for customer supplied parts since we do make money on the parts."
That's when I said that's the part that bothers me. A price for labor should be the price for labor not adding more because the parts were bought somewhere else. Then my ex:$100x8 =$800 not $800+extra money!
Sorry for the confusion.. I only hear great things about your shop and as I said your quote seems pretty fair..
Thank you
Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

To be open and honest w/ everyone this is our quote. Here is the breakdown.

ECS customer supplied kit $990.00
Customer supplied meth kit $728.00 includes iat parts, meth, and giving customer a 5 gallon pail to take w/ upon pickup
Header install $500.00 customer supplied
Oil Amsoil Z-rod and wix filter only if Z51 car $125.97
LS9 map $42.81
Correct spark plugs $103.76
Tune $600.00
Shop supplies $12.95

and to be honest I fat fingered the amount lol. it's about $150 less than that total. my bad! We are dealers for these companies and most shops charge a little extra for customer supplied parts since we do make money on the parts. Some shops I know won't install them at all but i'm ok w/ it as long as it's brand new and quality brands.
Joe, I respect the fact that you were the only shop to actually post your rates here on the Forum for all to see. This is great transparency sir! One question. Is the LS9 MAP only when METH is used, or do you install that with any supercharger kit?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnie12345
I never said you charged $500 more! I said your quote was a pretty fair deal.!!! You said "most shops charge a little extra for customer supplied parts since we do make money on the parts."
That's when I said that's the part that bothers me. A price for labor should be the price for labor not adding more because the parts were bought somewhere else. Then my ex:$100x8 =$800 not $800+extra money!
Sorry for the confusion.. I only hear great things about your shop and as I said your quote seems pretty fair..
Thank you
I am sorry sir, thought you were directly quoting me or something. My bad.

Originally Posted by Translator
Joe, I respect the fact that you were the only shop to actually post your rates here on the Forum for all to see. This is great transparency sir! One question. Is the LS9 MAP only when METH is used, or do you install that with any supercharger kit?
Thank you sir! We do an ls9 map anytime we throw boost on the C7's, makes it easier to tune and all sorts of good stuff.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

OP, you would be in very capable hands if you took it to CPR. I hope it works out for you.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
OP, you would be in very capable hands if you took it to CPR. I hope it works out for you.
Thank you sir!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I am sorry sir, thought you were directly quoting me or something. My bad.

Thank you sir! We do an ls9 map anytime we throw boost on the C7's, makes it easier to tune and all sorts of good stuff.
Joe, could you please PM or post the benefits of switching to an LS9 MAP when boosting a C7? Why does it make it easier to tune? Sorry to derail off topic from the thread.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:49 PM
jdarc1
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I think some of you guys are missing the point that when a shop installs a customers parts they take on additional liability that's not factored into a base labor rate. Therefore if they charge more to install a customers part, I fully understand that because remember if anything goes wrong, the customer always looks to them for some kind of resolution. I am in the service and installation of HVAC equipment here in NJ. When we build a price for an installation it includes percentages for warranties, Insurances, call backs etc. Its totally ok for a shop to get a little more money to cover their asses.
You get what you pay for.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Translator
Joe, could you please PM or post the benefits of switching to an LS9 MAP when boosting a C7? Why does it make it easier to tune? Sorry to derail off topic from the thread.
I am curious about this as well and would like to know..
Old 10-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

It makes it easier to scale everything based on the boost pressure seen at the map sensor since it'll actually read it. That's the short version of it. You can easily do a base kit w/o it but it just makes it easier imo.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnie12345
Thank you
A lot of businesses have different labor rates, and like Joe said a lot of places won't install customer supplier parts, especially on vehicles.

I own an AV integration business and installation rates on equipment I sell is usually at a small discounted rate because I make money on the equipment. If I'm installing supplied equipment then it's normal labor rate.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:57 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Motohead279
A lot of businesses have different labor rates, and like Joe said a lot of places won't install customer supplier parts, especially on vehicles.

I own an AV integration business and installation rates on equipment I sell is usually at a small discounted rate because I make money on the equipment. If I'm installing supplied equipment then it's normal labor rate.
I think this is the norm, and should be expected. Its a package deal. "if you buy the parts from us, we can give you a discount on the labor"

Quick Reply: How much?