C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag pack tire pressure sensor override?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Drag pack tire pressure sensor override?

I posted this in the Z06 forum but didn't get a solid response from someone that has actually been to the drag strip on drag radials with low air pressure or no tire pressure sensors.

I need some help. I am swapping CCWs with Mickeys and skinny's from my C6 Z over to my C7 Z for the drag strip this Friday night. In my C6 I could pull a fuse that would shut off the tire pressure sensors, traction control, etc and keep the car from going into limp home mode due to the tire pressure sesors. Is it the same scenario in the C7 or has the computer got so sophisticated that you can no longer override the nannies? If I can no longer simply pull a fuse how are folks getting around the low tire pressure warning or no tire pressure sensors at all? Thanks for the help!!! Videos and time slips to come if I can figure out how to get around the computer.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:02 PM
brent eb02
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I never had a problem with my drag radials other than the low tire pressure light. No change in performance
Old 10-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Originally Posted by brent eb02
I never had a problem with my drag radials other than the low tire pressure light. No change in performance
Awesome, thank so much for the info. I'm mounting them tomorrow and will roll them around town a bit. If all I get is a light that'll be perfect. I just don't want to get out to the track and have the car go into limp home mode. That could be a little embarrassing. LOL
Old 10-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Alaska SS
Racer

Well, screwed. My CCWs from my C6 Z wont fit on the C7 Z. Looks like I'll be running on stock tires.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
Well, screwed. My CCWs from my C6 Z wont fit on the C7 Z. Looks like I'll be running on stock tires.
No one told you this, it is crap that they don't c5 to c6 will work but guess the c7 is a diff beast all the way around in a diff car..
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 591 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
I posted this in the Z06 forum but didn't get a solid response from someone that has actually been to the drag strip on drag radials with low air pressure or no tire pressure sensors.

I need some help. I am swapping CCWs with Mickeys and skinny's from my C6 Z over to my C7 Z for the drag strip this Friday night. In my C6 I could pull a fuse that would shut off the tire pressure sensors, traction control, etc and keep the car from going into limp home mode due to the tire pressure sesors. Is it the same scenario in the C7 or has the computer got so sophisticated that you can no longer override the nannies? If I can no longer simply pull a fuse how are folks getting around the low tire pressure warning or no tire pressure sensors at all? Thanks for the help!!! Videos and time slips to come if I can figure out how to get around the computer.
How low are you going on the rear tire pressure?, the warning doesnt come on till 23lbs. I was worried that when you have a big difference between front and rear , it would cause issues. I ran 24 to 25 rear and 45 front, no issues, no warnings.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag pack tire pressure sensor override?

Quick Reply: Drag pack tire pressure sensor override?