C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Interior Motion Detected" warning under hard breaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 AM
copjsd
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Default "Interior Motion Detected" warning under hard breaking

Has anybody "tracking" their C7 Corvette experienced this unusual warning?
About 15-20 minutes into a 30 minute DE session (advanced run group), and while under very hard braking, I hear a loud audible "ping-ping" followed by the words "Interior Motion Detected" displayed in the center of the instrument cluster.
There is nothing loose within my interior and of course my alarm system isn't armed while driving.
I'll appreciate anyone's help to resolve this!
Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

I haven't experienced this, but the motion detector disable is the mystery button next to the trunk release by your left knee. I believe it may reset after a start stop cycle, and it is odd that it's acting this way. But worth a try.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:38 AM
copjsd
Pro

Originally Posted by xp800
I haven't experienced this, but the motion detector disable is the mystery button next to the trunk release by your left knee. I believe it may reset after a start stop cycle, and it is odd that it's acting this way. But worth a try.
Thank you xp800...I'll give that a try!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:31 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Might be a silly question and not related but I'll throw it out there. Are you locking your seatbelt? Meaning pulling it all the way out and retracting it to keep you nice and snug?
Old 10-09-2015, 12:40 PM
copjsd
Pro

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
Might be a silly question and not related but I'll throw it out there. Are you locking your seatbelt? Meaning pulling it all the way out and retracting it to keep you nice and snug?
Hello CoolShoesWalkin,

In my opinion, there are no "silly questions" when trying to find a solution to a problem, so thank you for your reply!

I'm using a six-point harness and do have a seat-belt eliminator plugged into the OE seat belt receptacle. Also, this phenomenon has occurred with and without a passenger (who also had on a six-point harness/belt eliminator).

Thanks again,

Joe
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible during hard braking your knee is hitting the motion detector disable switch?...when pressing this switch prior to turning off ignition this is the message you will get in the in dic.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 PM
copjsd
Pro

Originally Posted by vetehead
Is it possible during hard braking your knee is hitting the motion detector disable switch?...when pressing this switch prior to turning off ignition this is the message you will get in the in dic.

Hello vetehead,
Thank you for the suggestion! However on my C7, if I depress the "on/off" button while braking, I only receive one ding (vs. two dings) and the words display as "Motion Detection Off" or "Motion Detection On" vs "Interior Motion Detected".
Also, I'm using a six point harness so my knee doesn't get near the button.
My next event is VIR on 10/30, 10/31 and 11/1 so I'll see if it continues to act up, even with the "motion detector" toggled "off".
Thanks again!
Joe

Get notified of new replies

To "Interior Motion Detected" warning under hard breaking

Quick Reply: "Interior Motion Detected" warning under hard breaking