C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake ducts - how to get air flow to rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Zajac
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brake ducts - how to get air flow to rotors?

Directing air flow to the front rotors for cooling is a standard procedure for heavy brake usage. But the C7 brake ducts terminate at the entrance to the wheel wheel? The brake duct openings at the wheel well are also obscured by the tire when turned to full lock.

Oh yeah, we have the front "brake deflectors" but that is not the same as discrete air flow to the rotor cooling vanes.

So my question is; has anybody figured out how to route the air flow from the C7 brake duct termination, via a 2.5" - 4" dia brake cooling hose, or something similar, to the rotor vanes, hopefully close to the center of the rotor? Rotor backing plate is usually removed.

It was a much simpler task for me to route the air duct from the lower grille opening on my Saleen Mustang to the rotor centers. But of course the underside of the Mustang is still similar to what it looked like 50 years ago and the C7 is all high tech ans space seems to be at a premium.

I know there a lot of guys here smarter than me, but I have not figured out the air duct routing to the rotor yet.

(I have searched the forum but have not found my answer.)
Old 10-14-2015, 07:28 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with you the C7 needs brake ducts on the backing plates. My front rotors with my Wilwood kit are cracking after several days at the track.

If I get brake ducts I think all of my issues are over, somebody needs to develop a kit for this car.

Is LG Motorsports making anything?

Quick Reply: Brake ducts - how to get air flow to rotors?