C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird interminent noise when disengauging clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 03:57 PM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Weird interminent noise when disengauging clutch

I have heard this noise around 5 times since i have the car. I first noticed it around 8000 miles. I start to disengauge the clutch and it sounds like a low growling noise. After the clutch peddle is fully up it stops. Has anyone else heard this noise in these car. It is not clutch chatter i have been driving manual transmissions since i was a teen ager. Any feedback welcomed

Last edited by jyounger74; 11-07-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:09 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jyounger74
I have heard this noise around 5 times since i have the car. I first noticed it around 8000 miles. I start to disengauge the clutch and it sounds like a low growling noise. After the clutch peddle is fully up it stops. Has anyone else heard this noise in these car. It is not clutch chatter i have been driving manual transmissions since i was a teen ager. Any feedback welcomed
by disengaged I assume you mean pedal down. Couple of things there 1. throw out bearing 2. clutch disc chewed up 2. pressure plate warped/not true
Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HANNY
by disengaged I assume you mean pedal down. Couple of things there 1. throw out bearing 2. clutch disc chewed up 2. pressure plate warped/not true
To clarify what i should have said this only happens in 1st gear. I will be driving i come to a stop i put the car in neutral i then push down my clutch peddle disengaging the clutch. As i am bringing up the clutch to engauge the noise starts.I I start to roll then hear the noise i increase my speed the noise goes away. My bad for not explaining this issue correctly.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 AM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

To clarify what i should have said this only happens in 1st gear. I will be driving i come to a stop i put the car in neutral i then push down my clutch peddle disengaging the clutch. As i am bringing up the clutch to engauge the noise starts.I I start to roll then hear the noise i increase my speed the noise goes away. My bad for not explaining this issue correctly.
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I have the same intermittent problem and it definitely in the clutch area. Only happens (randomly) when pulling away from a stop in 1st.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:55 PM
LB_2015
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same 'groan/moan' occurring on my 2015 M7 as I release the clutch in 1st gear from a stop. I'm currently at 20k miles but have had this occur a few times since it was brand new. Dealer could not replicate and blew it off until it became more of an issue.

While intermittent, it has become more frequent as it happened again this morning and twice last week, and a couple times over the past couple months. I spoke to dealer again last week and still nothing they will do to investigate under warranty until it finally breaks enough they can reproduce it. So their advice was to drive it until it finally breaks down. Which is a crappy approach to what is supposed to be Chevrolet's flagship product. but it is what it is.

Did you get the 'groan/moan' finally diagnosed?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 PM
c5zedoh6
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a normal sound from our clutches. almost any year vette does this,.

Last edited by c5zedoh6; 09-12-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:13 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by c5zedoh6
This is a normal sound from our clutches. almost any year vette does this,.
What I am talking about is not normal. This is my 5th Vette. I'm still documenting circumstances under which it occurs.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Roncb
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue with my 2014. Brought it to two different dealers but it couldn't be reproduced. I found that if the car is idle for about three days, the noise will happen, but only a couple of times. It's very hard to reproduce and frustrating. This is my third Vette and I never had this with the previous two. Were you able to get a resolution? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:56 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Roncb
I have the same issue with my 2014. Brought it to two different dealers but it couldn't be reproduced. I found that if the car is idle for about three days, the noise will happen, but only a couple of times. It's very hard to reproduce and frustrating. This is my third Vette and I never had this with the previous two. Were you able to get a resolution? Thanks.
Yep, see if you can find some of my recent posts on the subject. PM me if you can't find them.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:15 PM
Roncb
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
Yep, see if you can find some of my recent posts on the subject. PM me if you can't find them.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by PM since I don't often use this forum. Can you provide some guidance? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:34 PM
Roncb
Heel & Toe

Torch-Red-Z06: Found your thread and sent you a PM. Thanks very much!

Get notified of new replies

To Weird interminent noise when disengauging clutch

Quick Reply: Weird interminent noise when disengauging clutch