C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing Supercharger-need option advise

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:02 PM
0mike@calvomotorsport
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Popham
Andy,

Thanks to be fair I didn't even consider your product when I was researching super chargers on here a month ago, Chris and Doug called and spent over an hour on the phone with me talking about options. I (thought) I wanted 1000+ horse car but they convinced me I didn't need to be the guennie pig for the A8. Hind sight is 20-20 but next time I will reach out, also If ecs droops the ball and the package isn't delivered by 11-23 as promised I'll be calling so keep a kit with a ti v3 on the shelf just in case! Thanks for the post
You got that right
Old 11-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I want to run m3 or m5 anyone have any Info? Instead of 99% meth?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Andy, as I stated, I have had no experience with your SC kit. Maybe my buddy's car may have had an install issue as he did the install himself. I'm sure your kit is great. My buddy loves it.

Yes, I agree the SFI balancer is probably the best way to go but at 650-700 HP you know it's not needed. Nice to have, but not a necessity.

You really don't need to defend yourself or your kit. I bear no ill will to you at all. My 2 points were there are other options (good for the customer) and I'd prefer not to see any vendor talk about "the other guys".

There are enough people that want SC's that there should be enough business for all major SC players. In my honest opinion, when vendors start talking about " the other guys" they are trying to put down a competitor. As noted, your kit can stand on its own without knocking anyone. This is just my take. No one should get offended.

It's all good Andy. Keep up the good work. I think the 2 best aftermarket kits sold are your kit and Doug's. Can't we all just get along?

I had to save your post saying that Doug was right about something
I'm sure you are referring to my post about systems that are CARB legal. It's difficult to talk about the advantages of ones product with out making comparisons of some sort. ECS does route their crankcase to an area that would never pass a true emissions test like CARB.
It's more than a tailpipe test. They test evaporative emissions, crankcase emissions and exhaust emissions from cold start through a complete drive cycle.
Even the material we use for our vent hose needs to be of a certified material. We are held to a higher standard in California and other states adopting their policies. More and more states are following suit.
I really did think about how to word it but I don't know that mentioning ECS by name or just using the word "others" would have been any better. It certainly was not meant to be taken as anything other than a comparison of products as it related to emissions.
I'm not very active on Corvette Forum at all. I probably should pay more attention to what goes on here. I guess I really need to lay off the work and play around on the Forum all day like you guys.
The following users liked this post:
blown81bu (11-30-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

I'm excited to get it done. I'm paying more in labor then I should but if it's quality work and no issues, along with a great tune (before and after dyno) I'll be happy.

Are we running a restriction plate or not on this setup?
Old 11-13-2015, 02:50 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For those of you that have done cam, alky, valve springs etc. would you do it again? Or wish you did or did not do it?
Would do it again? Absolutely

Doug @ECS and his team brought my C7 to 700+ rwhp with the 3 big mods.

Since then I've had other work done by Ron's team @ Vengeance Racing and ECS dependent on scheduling. Extremely pleased with the results.

Now reached 850+ rwhp and the C7 is reliable and daily driven with 31k miles of which 25k + have been modified.

My only regret is not having the car delivered straight to ECS and Vengeance day one. At least this way I experienced the C7 before and after. After is way better

Last edited by slesher; 11-13-2015 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Typo
The following 2 users liked this post by slesher:
DOUG @ ECS (11-20-2015), Little Red Corvette1 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Thanks awesome, are you running 10 psi?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:38 AM
jdarc1
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks awesome, are you running 10 psi?
Im running 11 lbs of boost on my ECS.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:24 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I am running Andy's V3 Si trim at 10PSI (3.47" pulley) on stock bottom end. Alky control Dual meth (100%), ARH long catless tubes, tuning by Matt at FSP (Genius). On a mustang dyno I put down 639HP and 618TQ. If I had to do it again, would I? You bet your sweet a$$! Would I do anything differently?? YES. I would order drag slicks FIRST! Only thing I will say about why I chose A&A over "the others" was intercooler design. The C7 has enough cooling problems as it is. Using a horizontal cooler was the right way to go on this car.

Ant
Old 11-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I am running Andy's V3 Si trim at 10PSI (3.47" pulley) on stock bottom end. Alky control Dual meth (100%), ARH long catless tubes, tuning by Matt at FSP (Genius). On a mustang dyno I put down 639HP and 618TQ. If I had to do it again, would I? You bet your sweet a$$! Would I do anything differently?? YES. I would order drag slicks FIRST! Only thing I will say about why I chose A&A over "the others" was intercooler design. The C7 has enough cooling problems as it is. Using a horizontal cooler was the right way to go on this car.

Ant
Thx Ant! Sounds like you are enjoying that beast. Glad you have Matt to get your Tuning perfecto.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Ant
awesome Im going with same set up..Was considering the T trim with dual meth..also drag racing it at atco dragway in spring n fall fun..go after those NJ cars lol

thoughts?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by blown81bu
awesome Im going with same set up..Was considering the T trim with dual meth..also drag racing it at atco dragway in spring n fall fun..go after those NJ cars lol

thoughts?
You can make a solid 9 sec car with Ti-trim, cam, headers, meth and drag radials.

Like this one I did back at my old shop. Skip to 1:29 for the money run.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:17 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by blown81bu

thoughts?
If you are shooting for 600-650 then the Si trim would get you there no problem. Remember my numbers are on a mustang dyno so they tend to read a bit lower than they actually are. But if you want you can get a T trim and trade me for my S trim..? Hahaha
Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Loaded up and ready to go to calvo motorsports

Loaded up
Old 11-19-2015, 07:50 PM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Question for Andy or Josh - I have one of your early 2014 kits and just traded in the Si trim for Ti head unit. I am experiencing a surge in the throttle under light load and city driving and have spoken to some others on this forum who have your kit that have experienced the same issue. How can I go about getting one of the updated maf tubes? From your experience, does the new maf tube fix this issue?

Thanks for any info!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DoubleDown

Question for Andy or Josh - I have one of your early 2014 kits and just traded in the Si trim for Ti head unit. I am experiencing a surge in the throttle under light load and city driving and have spoken to some others on this forum who have your kit that have experienced the same issue. How can I go about getting one of the updated maf tubes? From your experience, does the new maf tube fix this issue?

Thanks for any info!
Does your tube have the honeycomb in it and what is the diameter of the charge pipe?
Old 11-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The switch to the 3 1/2 inch MAF charge tube was just made very recently (matter of weeks). Previous versions are 4 inches, with or without the air straightener.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Thanks for any info!
Give me a call at the shop 805-278-4107
-Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Doing Supercharger-need option advise

Old 11-20-2015, 04:51 PM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Does your tube have the honeycomb in it and what is the diameter of the charge pipe?
I have the 4" charge pipe, no honeycomb. It is from their very first design back in 2014. Kit has a low 200's serial number.

I spoke with Josh and I just need to order the new pipe and schedule some time to get the ecm retuned.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I have the 4" charge pipe, no honeycomb. It is from their very first design back in 2014. Kit has a low 200's serial number.

I spoke with Josh and I just need to order the new pipe and schedule some time to get the ecm retuned.
A lot of it is in the tuning but I'll have to admit that the smaller tube also helps. We have a new silicone hose that has a smooth transition from 3" to 3 1/2" before it connects to the MAF tube. The transition is where the turbulence comes from.

Also your car was one of the very first ones we did way back when. The tuning has come a long way. The driver demand tables need to be tweaked as well as the MAF table. It can be smoothed out at cruise as well as where it transitions into boost.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:46 PM
DoubleDown
Instructor

I had the tune updated when I added the ALKY kit and Ti head unit. The surging issue feels exactly the same across both tunes from two different tuners, so I do think it is a turbulence issue. I am looking forward to hear results from others who have the new smaller tube. Josh said you were installing/tuning one on a customer's car today.

Quick Reply: Doing Supercharger-need option advise