C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Supercharger on C7

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Tex
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Installing Supercharger on C7

My C7 is at Baily's Hyperformance for a Magnuson Supercharger and TSP long tube headers. Due to have the car back before Thanksgiving and can hardly wait to see how it performs. How are those with a similar set up liking the performance from their Vette? I have had several Corvettes over the years but this is the first with a supercharger so I'm not sure what to expect.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex
My C7 is at Baily's Hyperformance for a Magnuson Supercharger and TSP long tube headers. Due to have the car back before Thanksgiving and can hardly wait to see how it performs. How are those with a similar set up liking the performance from their Vette? I have had several Corvettes over the years but this is the first with a supercharger so I'm not sure what to expect.
You will have this on your face.
The following users liked this post:
Tex (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 11:37 PM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by robert miller
You will have this on your face.
What he said haha. I had never owned a boosted car before now. The boost on that mighty V8 is so addicting... I get the goofiest smile every time I step on the pedal now.
Tex (11-20-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 02:18 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex
Hey brother.. My car is at Baily's right now as well. It's the torch red stingray that had all of the guts removed. I'm shooting for 13 - 14 #'s of boost on a fully forged motor.. hoping to get about 1000 crank hp. Those guys are great. Like others have said, you will love having a boosted C7. Soooo much fun! BTW, I'm in SW Fort Worth.. Not far from Arlington.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:21 PM
REDBULLIT
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I admire you guys, and here I am holding back on doing headers, intake, and tune lol.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Tex
Advanced

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Hey brother.. My car is at Baily's right now as well. It's the torch red stingray that had all of the guts removed. I'm shooting for 13 - 14 #'s of boost on a fully forged motor.. hoping to get about 1000 crank hp. Those guys are great. Like others have said, you will love having a boosted C7. Soooo much fun! BTW, I'm in SW Fort Worth.. Not far from Arlington.

That's fantastic. I didn't get into the shop area so I didn't see your car, wish I had. Mine is the Blade Silver convertible and is due to be finished Wednesday, probably ahead of yours with all the work you're having done. I'll try to check it out when I'm there next. BTW I need to update my information as I'm in the short Southside of Fort Worth.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Tex
Advanced

Originally Posted by REDBULLIT
I admire you guys, and here I am holding back on doing headers, intake, and tune lol.
Hey, I understand it took me a good while before I could take this step. And then you see a project like Martinez's Red C7- makes mine look awfully tame!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:24 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by Tex
Hey, I understand it took me a good while before I could take this step. And then you see a project like Martinez's Red C7- makes mine look awfully tame!
LOL.. Oh no. Don't sell yourself short! ..you'll have one bad to the bone car! I think for us, it's getting to the point that we don't even want to drive our to "high risk" areas such as parking lots, parking garages, curb side parking or basically anywhere downtown. We now cringe at valet parking and it's gotten to a point that we are considering buying a second car just to kick around in.. eeeeeeek!
Old 11-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Tex
Advanced

It is now completed. The Magnuson supercharger and TSP headers are a super fit and finish and the sound and power are awesome!

Old 11-26-2015, 11:18 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Grats! Baily's also did the work on my c7. They do excellent work. I installed the s/c and meth kit on mine and then brought it to them to install headers and tune it. It's fun and I already forgot what stock feels like.
Tex (11-27-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 08:47 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Have they tuned it and if so, how much of a power increase from the stock run on the dyno?
Old 11-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Tex
Advanced

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Have they tuned it and if so, how much of a power increase from the stock run on the dyno?
Yes, they did tune it and the dyno was 548. The tech ran a second with 547.8 and said the numbers were impressive since the back tires were slipping slightly on both runs. There was not a stock dyno run. Everyone was working late Thanksgiving eve to get my Vette finished and I didn't get my test results but I have already left a message at the shop to save them for me. The tech was also giving me some torque numbers at different RPM's but I didn't keep all that straight, I just remember he said the numbers were impressive, so I'm anxious to be able to quantify.
This was my first experience with dyno testing and I was a little overwhelmed with sensory overload. LOL!!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:56 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Awesome power! Stock C7s are about 400 rwhp give or take. So a 148hp gain is a tremendous increade in power...congrats.

Last edited by VNAMVET; 11-28-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Can't wait to get our car back on the dyno. It will be interesting to see if wheel spin will be a big issue for us.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:45 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Can't wait to get our car back on the dyno. It will be interesting to see if wheel spin will be a big issue for us.
You better bring some glue to put on those tires in this cold weather! Are they getting close to done with your car? I saw it there when I was picking up my car from there after they tuned my ecs/meth/headers.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by CDH76
You better bring some glue to put on those tires in this cold weather! Are they getting close to done with your car? I saw it there when I was picking up my car from there after they tuned my ecs/meth/headers.
I just called Texas Speed & Performance yesterday. The hold up is on our heads. They said it would be about another week before they can ship them back to Baily's. As far as I know, we got our block back from being honed and more or less, it's all ready to go aside from the heads. I'm not sure if the Borla exhaust has been bolted back in or not. I still have to replace the front splitter but that's a 30 minute fix.. It's sitting at my house.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:05 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by CDH76
Speaking of, how the heck is your car now? ..haha! What were your numbers? I bet it's very impressive!
Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Speaking of, how the heck is your car now? ..haha! What were your numbers? I bet it's very impressive!
Nice well I would love to hear your car with that borla exhaust! Maybe I can run out of methanol just in time for you to get your car. Let me know and I'll try to make it when you pick it up. Chris now sells M1 over there. Purchased my last 5 gallon bucket from him. Went through the first one quick

I'm very happy with my results! First day I drove it home it ended up 686 whp & 601 tq. I went back about two weeks later and had them pull some timing just to be a little more on the safe side. It was about 10 degree's cooler that day and I was expecting less hp for sure. It pulled 691 LOL! That weather makes a difference!

I had them also install the gauge in my pillar. Turned out good. Here is some pics and a video I made goofing off.

Last edited by CDH76; 12-03-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing Supercharger on C7

Quick Reply: Installing Supercharger on C7