C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I custom make my own X-pipe for headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Can I custom make my own X-pipe for headers

If I was a buy a pair of longtube headers and my own custom x pipe to fit the headers will that be fine or buy any X pipe from kooks or borla and custom adapters or welled it on any suggestions ?

Last edited by Seannyc; 11-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:02 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Sure you can build whatever you like...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to start a header thread about once a month.....

Buy some headers and put them on, if you want to build a x pipe do it
Old 11-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,710 Likes on 2,918 Posts

All the reputable long-tube headers include the X-pipe section.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Sure you can build whatever you like...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to start a header thread about once a month.....

Buy some headers and put them on, if you want to build a x pipe do it
.yeah your right I do lol I'm just always busy and everytime I'm ready to buy a pair of headers some new headers come out and I get confused always find a good price

Here's the thing I found a set of headers and they only offer off road X pipe I was thinkin to make my own X pipe with cats if they will adapt to it

Just tryin to confirm this n if and I'll go ahead and buy the headers
Old 11-23-2015, 10:09 PM
ilivas
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You can just weld some cats in the xpipe. No need to make a whole new xpipe.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:36 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilivas
You can just weld some cats in the xpipe. No need to make a whole new xpipe.
If i make my own X pipe wouod it change the performance the header is sapose to make hp and TQ wise

Also they told me I could weld high follow cats to the X pipe but it will change the hp to 10 to 15 hp witch I don't think it will that much maybe 5hp tops what u think
Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 AM
ilivas
Racer

Originally Posted by Seannyc
If i make my own X pipe wouod it change the performance the header is sapose to make hp and TQ wise

Also they told me I could weld high follow cats to the X pipe but it will change the hp to 10 to 15 hp witch I don't think it will that much maybe 5hp tops what u think
You can just weld some cats in the off road pipe and it should work well. Making your own seems like it would be too costly and too muc work.

You will lose a bit of power because cats are a bit more restrictive though.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:06 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilivas
You can just weld some cats in the off road pipe and it should work well. Making your own seems like it would be too costly and too muc work.

You will lose a bit of power because cats are a bit more restrictive though.
So I need a pair of high flow cats universal cats correct
Old 11-24-2015, 09:16 AM
ilivas
Racer

Yep, that should work.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm confused. You say you can only get an off road X Pipe? All the header manufacturers offer catted X Pipes unless it's some off brand I'm not aware of.
They design the X Pipe as part of the overall package. I'd stick with what the manufacturer provides.
I prefer the fit and finish of American Racing Headers for C7.
I have 2" ARH on my Z06 with a catted X Pipe. They fit and sound great.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 11-24-2015, 10:15 AM
kiley2418
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
I'm confused. You say you can only get an off road X Pipe? All the header manufacturers offer catted X Pipes unless it's some off brand I'm not aware of.
They design the X Pipe as part of the overall package. I'd stick with what the manufacturer provides.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Muuhaha
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I think he's trying to be -cost effective- and get the lower priced set of headers hes already found and buy $80 worth of aftermarket cats and call it a day.

I've welded cats into other cars I've built and it was ok, but I'm going the easy route this time and getting all manufacturer made items. Not worth the hassle for an item that already exists
Old 11-24-2015, 10:58 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

If I was a buy a pair of longtube headers and my own custom x pipe to fit the headers will that be fine or buy any X pipe from kooks or borla and custom adapters or welled it on any suggestions ?
Buddy if you do that just cut the pipe & put the cats as close to the end of the headers as you can get them. Like you said buy the off road x pipe then cut & put them in then. But you will come close to the cost with them in a set with just talking to the guys at LG.

I think it would be a pain to make a x pipe from start to end. Plus would be good to out a cross over cut & make it to the back of the x pipe both comes together.. Robert
Old 11-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a Corsa XPipe for sale that was on my car for about 6 months that I took off when I installed AR Longtubes.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by robert miller
Buddy if you do that just cut the pipe & put the cats as close to the end of the headers as you can get them. Like you said buy the off road x pipe then cut & put them in then. But you will come close to the cost with them in a set with just talking to the guys at LG.

I think it would be a pain to make a x pipe from start to end. Plus would be good to out a cross over cut & make it to the back of the x pipe both comes together.. Robert
I spoke to a few places and the place who makes the headers and they said u could just weld the cats on if u want but I will lose power I don't think that much power tho as they say but it's a really good deal and good headers I spoke to a guy who installed them easy fit and dynoed very good power with 91 octane
Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

I spoke to a few places and the place who makes the headers and they said u could just weld the cats on if u want but I will lose power I don't think that much power tho as they say but it's a really good deal and good headers I spoke to a guy who installed them easy fit and dynoed very good power with 91 octane
Buddy the headers and X pipe is a breeze to put on the car. You really do have a ton of room to do the job. But if you have a z51 car only a few more easy steps on pulling out the oil cooler.

Really just take it easy with the o2 sensors & make sure you don't drop are hit them hard. Plus make sure you get the front one's back into the front holes in the headers.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
0JDP Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I'd just purchase a complete system and call it a day. It's going to be much cleaner and the system was tested to make optimal power. The placement of the x-pipe is important in the power production and where the power is made RPM wise.

If you're looking for a deal give us a call and we'll get you dialed in with far less hassle and you'll have a better product. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Get notified of new replies

To Can I custom make my own X-pipe for headers

Old 11-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports
I'd just purchase a complete system and call it a day. It's going to be much cleaner and the system was tested to make optimal power. The placement of the x-pipe is important in the power production and where the power is made RPM wise.

If you're looking for a deal give us a call and we'll get you dialed in with far less hassle and you'll have a better product. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Thanks for tryin to help all of you's but the headers come wit X pipe but only off road X pipe .. I'm just tryin to confirm if I could weld the cats on without any problems ..

Also I really don't need to have the cats on only if I really need it to pass inspection
Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
Yes agency power headers only offer off road X pipe but I found a really good price
Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Muuhaha
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes agency power headers only offer off road X pipe but I found a really good price
I think the general consensus is... You have a brand new corvette... Stop trying to be cheap and save literally a couple of hundred bucks, welding together a makeshift system. You can get a new tsp header system with cats for like $1300-1400 shipped. I think in your other thread you said you found one for like $1300. Just buy the tsp kit and call it a day.

Or just wait for a catted system of your choice to pop up in the classifieds

Quick Reply: Can I custom make my own X-pipe for headers