C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap - GROUP BUY INTEREST CHECK

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap - GROUP BUY INTEREST CHECK

Hey everyone,

I've been working closely with DEI the past few weeks to work up a deal for you guys. We're very close to having a group buy for their Titanium Exhaust Wrap locked down, but I wanted to do an interest check to see how many of you guys would be interested in something like this.

Just reply to the thread below and I'll add your name to the interested list! I will personally message everyone who says they are interested if and when the group buy goes live.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:48 AM
C7 x 2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Auggghhh! You're too late. I just did the Borla x-pipe on my Stingray and a Borla x-pipe and ATAK on my Z06. Takes about 50 ft. to do the x-pipe. Good luck. BTW, I also got one of their universal muffler kits and did the mufflers on the Z06 too.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:58 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

Ah that sucks, thanks for the review though!

PM me if you have an idea for a group buy.

-Lukas
Old 02-10-2016, 06:39 PM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I am interested
Old 02-14-2016, 02:13 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Me Too...
Old 02-15-2016, 12:14 AM
C7 x 2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

I was watching "Muscle Car" today on Spike and they demo'd how to install this on headers. I also noted they have it installed on their purple Challenger. I understand it's a sponsor thing but they had some good commentary of the benefits also.

I should say, I installed this originally on my C7 Z06 after taking a 7000 mi roadtrip in the Stingray and the console and floor got extremely hot. When I drove the Z06 home from Bowling Green, the console & floor boards also got extremely hot. I decided when I ordered the Borla x-pipe I would also order 50 ft. of DEI Titaium wrap and wrapped the x-pipe prior to install. I did not put it on for a increase in performance but instead for heat management. When I put the Borla x-pipe and ATAK on the Z06 I wrapped everything, x-pipe, over the axle pipes and both mufflers with DEI muffler wrap. I wish I could tell you I have noticed a difference but I can't. The Z has been mostly parked because of winter and tire issue. Though the Stingray is my daily driver I just put the wrapped Borla x-pipe on it about 10 days ago and haven't really been anywhere since. I can say however, that after installation I started the Z06 while it was still on the lift because I wanted to check for leaks & rattles, & I had to hear it. While it was running after a few minutes I put my hand midway on the x-pipe and it was just moderately warm. I did not get burned even slightly. On the other hand when I backed the car on the lift running it for even less time. I raised it up and even after being shut off for several minutes I touched the pipe and got burned. That's all I can report right now.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:25 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that this group buy is now live.

Click here to join the drop!

You can also check out the thread in the C7 General forum for details: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...group-buy.html

-Lukas

Last edited by Massdrop; 02-24-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap - GROUP BUY INTEREST CHECK

Quick Reply: DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap - GROUP BUY INTEREST CHECK