C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 front end settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Hilton Head Vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 front end settings

Had my detailer take off the front tires on my C6 when I owned it only to find that the inner portion of the tires were worn down to the cords about an inch wide. After searching this site I came across some front end settings and used one when I had new tires put on. It seemed that Chevrolet set the front ends up at the factory with the tires cambered in and I wasn't the only one that experienced this problem. The setting provided made a real difference. My question is are the C7's subject to the same issues. The Pilot sports are not cheap and I want to get ahead of the issue if there is one.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Wear on the inside edges is due to negative camber or toe out. Reduce the negative camber and wear will even out as long as your toe is between 0 and about .1 toed in. I have my camber reset to -.1 degrees. Here in Florida roads are flat and straight and I don't drive very aggressively. Wear is even.
You'll have to experiment until you get a good balance between acceptable wear and your driving technique.

Last edited by davekp78; 02-12-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,917 Posts

I've had my dealership align my car to "factory spec" three times (when new, after lowering, and after nailing a wicked pothole) and my tires are wearing even across the entire tread. I've actually never had a sports car that's been so kind to tires before!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:10 AM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Kracka
I've had my dealership align my car to "factory spec" three times (when new, after lowering, and after nailing a wicked pothole) and my tires are wearing even across the entire tread. I've actually never had a sports car that's been so kind to tires before!
You're lucky. The "factory specs" are pretty wide. It's better if you can specify exactly what you want.
Did you get a print-out of the actual settings?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,917 Posts

Originally Posted by davekp78
You're lucky. The "factory specs" are pretty wide. It's better if you can specify exactly what you want.
Did you get a print-out of the actual settings?
Yeah, they seem to target the center of the spec range each time, and do a fairly good job of it. Previously, I've left alignments to performance shops, but this dealership seems to do good work.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:57 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Over the years I have found factory specs to be too aggressive and wear the inside of the front tires.....and sometimes the same with the rears. I now set all my Vettes at a MAX of -.5 Camber rather than the OEM settings of -.8 (as found on several Vettes), I also go with MAX .1" toe. My tires wear nice and flat from new to bald....well, till replacements time

Get notified of new replies

To C7 front end settings

Quick Reply: C7 front end settings