C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0-60 times are different for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts
Default 0-60 times are different for?

I was wondering if the mode one is in (wet, eco, tour, sport, track) actually changes the acceleration or 0-60 times. Also hoping this is not a dumb question
Old 02-24-2016, 10:02 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by RipcordZ51
I was wondering if the mode one is in (wet, eco, tour, sport, track) actually changes the acceleration or 0-60 times. Also hoping this is not a dumb question
When I think WET, I think of traction control operating at it's highest peak.
When I think ECO, I think of running mainly on 4 cylinders to save gas.
When I think TOUR, I think of a soft suspension easing on the gas pedal.
When I think SPORT, I think fun, but not ***** to the wall fun.
When I think TRACK, this is where I think ***** to the wall fun and to heck with gas mileage.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:52 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Would probably get a better 0-60 on TOUR than you would on TRACK for a manual car. Softer shocks, more traction?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:52 AM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Would probably get a better 0-60 on TOUR than you would on TRACK for a manual car. Softer shocks, more traction?
Agreed, weight transfer will help. And the biggest factor our actual road conditions and traction. You will get humbled awefully fast thinking you are going to head and pull of some 3.8 second runs. There is a real learning curve getting off the line without spinning the tires and too much throttle. Might be easier with an auto, but manuals require a delicate tough. My best so far is 4.2 seconds...
Old 02-25-2016, 11:31 AM
blueray16
Burning Brakes

Received 475 Likes on 282 Posts

An interesting question. I haven't given it any thought as I just got mine in October and put it away for the winter two months later.

I would have assumed better throttle response in track mode would yield the best results, but the softer suspension in touring mode is compelling.The weight transfer is much more pronounced and noticable in touring mode. A slightly slower throttle response might also help control wheel spin at launch.

This is something i look forward to investigating fully in the spring and reevaluating frequently throughout the summer months

Last edited by blueray16; 02-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:19 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

FYI... I have an A8 Z51 with Mag Ride. Last fall I went to a DR Strip for the first time with this car. Track was not well prepared. I could not hook up until I warmed my RF's twice and then started in E with the TC completely on. Best 60' was just under 2 that way. This worked because there was more weight transfer to the rear wheels when the suspension was the softest.

A couple weeks ago I went to a different strip for my second try. Bradenton was extremely sticky! I was hooking up almost to the point of bogging with car in Track with all TC completely off. My 60's were in the low 1.8's and my ET's between 11.8 & 12.1, with the best times the hotter it got and with a DA nearly 1500 (FL humidity!). However my speeds were low, with the best just under 116.

So, lots of things affect the best setting for what you are trying to accomplish. All this applies to the street, only it is likely to be even slippery than any strip.

Note: car only has some intake mods and was running stock wheels & tires, stock tune and stock exhaust. Very happy with my ET's!

Get notified of new replies

To 0-60 times are different for?

Quick Reply: 0-60 times are different for?