C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash control with NPP control

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:50 AM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by greendot
I could not possibly read all that info in a quick glance
Can it be set up to have each of those go red and/or ring chimes at a set level?
I am not sure but don't think so. I think the alarms are completely separate thing. Hopefully Dash will chime in for u.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:54 AM
0DashLogic
Former Vendor

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by greendot
Can it be set up to have each of those go red and/or ring chimes at a set level?
Yes you can set an alarm for each one, then you don't even have to watch them at all. It will not show red, but it will make a sound and change the display to whatever warning text you want to show. Alerts can run in the background, so you don't have to watch any PIDs that have an alert set.
You also can also set your alerts up with a formula, so for example you could set a knock alert to only show when Load is over 60% and RPM is greater than 3000rpms and boost is over 1psi, etc. Pretty much whatever you need it to do.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:42 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by CSEVEN
I do not want to hijack this thread, but need to ask how this compares to PLX Kiwi II and dashcommand app?

I've been running the PLX and Dashcommand APP on Lenovo Tablet, very impressed with the IAT, LAMBDA, AFR, BOOST PIDs readings.

The cost of the PLX Kiwi II, App and Tablet is less than $180 bucks and able run other apps like WAZE on split screen
You had to swap in a 2 bar map to read boost properly correct?
Old 04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
0DashLogic
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
You had to swap in a 2 bar map to read boost properly correct?
DashCommand, Torque, and others will do a calculated boost off of MAF flow, so you can see boost on those apps without a MAP upgrade, but it is only a calculation that isn't 100% accurate.

Last edited by DashLogic; 04-06-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

^ With a 3 bar map sensor, required for my boosted application, can I get a more accurate boost reading than the calculated value?

If so, would I have to subtract the barometer reading from the map reading in order to see proper boost? Or is there already a calculated absolute pressure -> boost?

Can it show AFR from the stock O2 sensors or just lambda?

Finally, I enjoy the NPP functionality using the mirror switch. I wonder if any other such functionality exists or is planned? I know some users would like to be able to roll down the windows with the remote, something I believe is accomplished with another ODBII device.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 AM
0DashLogic
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by joemosfet
^ With a 3 bar map sensor, required for my boosted application, can I get a more accurate boost reading than the calculated value?

If so, would I have to subtract the barometer reading from the map reading in order to see proper boost? Or is there already a calculated absolute pressure -> boost?

Can it show AFR from the stock O2 sensors or just lambda?

Finally, I enjoy the NPP functionality using the mirror switch. I wonder if any other such functionality exists or is planned? I know some users would like to be able to roll down the windows with the remote, something I believe is accomplished with another ODBII device.

Thanks!
If your question is about DashLogic DashControl, our "Calculated Boost" is exactly that, MAP - BARO so it would be accurate without you needing to do anything more. If your question was about DashCommand or Torque, that would not be the case.

Last edited by DashLogic; 08-24-2016 at 11:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joemosfet (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:06 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Oh, yeah, I was referring to the DashControl unit, which I purchased a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:46 PM
tech369
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CSEVEN
$39 proclip with outdoor Velcro, works pissa!
does this ap show Alcohol / Ethanol content? I'm mainly looking at the Autometer to track my E% Bc I will have to run a mix. Thanks
Old 09-02-2016, 03:39 PM
0DashLogic
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tech369
does this ap show Alcohol / Ethanol content? I'm mainly looking at the Autometer to track my E% Bc I will have to run a mix. Thanks
Yes it does show alcohol percent.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:58 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ktoonsez
Did some more playing around and realized, duuuuhhhh, lower case letters will take up less room and get more PIDs. In the picture below I am able to put all 4 temps I want all the time: Coolant, Intake, Oil, and transmission!

would you mind sharing the command line you use to display this?
Old 10-15-2016, 02:13 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Interesting little hiccup with the DashControl. Any time mine is plugged in, the radio cannot be turned off (to show the corvette flags). It turns right back on. Pull out the DashControl and the radio will stay off.

Last edited by spearfish25; 10-15-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:18 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Has anyone had an issue with the controller getting lose and disconnecting over bumps? I used to have it connected with an OBD2 splitter because I was also running V1 SAAVY but now I have it directly connected. Ever since putting it in direct the connection isn't great.

THanks!

Best,
Gene
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

Does anyone know the Dashlogic PID for calculating MAT (Manifold Air Temp). I know it is calculated from a combination of IAT, coolant temps, etc. HP tuners can show it so I assume the Dashlogic can with the right PID.

Thanks

-M

Quick Reply: Dash control with NPP control