C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud clicking noise while turning slow

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
johnbeeman1
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Repaired, they say . . .

Originally Posted by johnbeeman1
My 2014 Vette has now been in the shop some two weeks (not consecutive). Dealership is providing a Cruze. If I wanted to drive around in a Cruze - I'd have bought a Camry. It's an "okay" vehicle, but my sense is the Dealership has trouble connecting with the Engineering dept - and that department is suppose to provide the trouble shooting guides. As of now, they've ordered a new rear shock and bracket. This revelation happened on late Friday afternoon (took the vehicle in on Tuesday) so another weekend in the shop. I just get this feeling that there is not sense of urgency on their end. John
I am told my Corvette is fixed. This is, they say, a "known" problem. They replaced the left rear shock and a bracket. Test drive shows NO SOUND. I sure hope they are right.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:05 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbeeman1
I am told my Corvette is fixed. This is, they say, a "known" problem. They replaced the left rear shock and a bracket. Test drive shows NO SOUND. I sure hope they are right.
gl man
Old 11-07-2016, 04:42 PM
BladeZ06
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mm2
If not I'm getting into a 2017 Grand Sport, maybe I'll have better luck.
My Z06 has this issue so not thinking a GS will be any different. I had the clean and re-torque done and it went away for about a month.

It was clicking both turning left and right. Now only does it turning right which is the direction of the parking garage at work. Very annoying.

Really wish GM could fix. That and the useless NAV that does not even have my street on it are my biggest bitches. (New car with a map pack that is 3+ years out of date? Seriously GM and then I have to PAY to update which may or may not have my street on it? )
Old 11-17-2016, 12:34 PM
650_650
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BladeZ06
My Z06 has this issue so not thinking a GS will be any different. I had the clean and re-torque done and it went away for about a month.

It was clicking both turning left and right. Now only does it turning right which is the direction of the parking garage at work. Very annoying.
My 2015 Z06 (~4K miles) is having this same exact issue with loud clicking noise when turning (both at slow speeds and fast speeds). Noise is loud and noticeable and appears to be coming from the right side of the car. Printed out the TSB that many have posted on this forum and dropped it and the car off for the 2nd time this morning. Last time, the noise went away for only a day or so before returning. Will keep folks posted on results after today. Any recommendations on what to tell the service department (besides proving the TSB) would be welcome!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:23 PM
mm2
Intermediate

It's unfortunate. I just witnessed a brand new 2017 Grandsport pulling out of a parking space hearing the same freaken clicking noise while turning. I thought the 2016 and 2017 Vettes got fixed. I guess not. Loosing hope! But hopefully the engineers can solve it by the time I get into my new 2017!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:47 AM
HCSO4072
8th Gear

I have a 2017 Grand Sport, less than 500 miles, and I got the clicking noise.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:16 PM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by HCSO4072
Mine did it as well and I removed wheel to clean hub as suggested by other OP's and found that all lug nuts were actually loose. My hubs were clean so I tightened the crap out of all the lug nuts and it went away. Going on 8months no problems since. On a side note I didn't tighten to specs I tightened the crap out of them!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:10 PM
theorj
7th Gear

in the c7 z06 this called the ackerman effect: http://blog.patmcgrathchevyland.com/...ette-stingray/
Old 11-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by HCSO4072
I'm sorry to hear that, HCSO4072!

Please don't hesitate to send us a private message if you'd like us to set up an appointment with your local GM dealership.

We're happy to help in any way we can,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-23-2016, 05:07 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by mm2
It's unfortunate. I just witnessed a brand new 2017 Grandsport pulling out of a parking space hearing the same freaken clicking noise while turning. I thought the 2016 and 2017 Vettes got fixed. I guess not. Loosing hope! But hopefully the engineers can solve it by the time I get into my new 2017!
Hi mm2,

I truly regret to learn of your dissatisfaction. If you'd like us to reach out to your dealership to see if there are any options left to explore, we'd be happy to do so.

Although we can't guarantee a certain outcome, please feel free to send us a private message.

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by 650_650
My 2015 Z06 (~4K miles) is having this same exact issue with loud clicking noise when turning (both at slow speeds and fast speeds). Noise is loud and noticeable and appears to be coming from the right side of the car. Printed out the TSB that many have posted on this forum and dropped it and the car off for the 2nd time this morning. Last time, the noise went away for only a day or so before returning. Will keep folks posted on results after today. Any recommendations on what to tell the service department (besides proving the TSB) would be welcome!
Hey 650_650,

Is your vehicle still at the dealership? If so, we can reach out to them on your behalf to see how everything is coming along.

If this interests you, please send us a private message with your full contact info, VIN, current mileage, and deaer name.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by BladeZ06

Really wish GM could fix. That and the useless NAV that does not even have my street on it are my biggest bitches. (New car with a map pack that is 3+ years out of date? Seriously GM and then I have to PAY to update which may or may not have my street on it? )
Hi BladeZ06,

We truly regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with this noise concern, and also your Navigation. We take this feedback seriously, and are here to help in any way we can!

If you'd like us to reach out to your dealer for more info on the noise concern, please feel free to send us a private message.

Happy Holidays,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-24-2016, 02:31 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 586 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi BladeZ06,

We truly regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with this noise concern, and also your Navigation. We take this feedback seriously, and are here to help in any way we can!

If you'd like us to reach out to your dealer for more info on the noise concern, please feel free to send us a private message.

Happy Holidays,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have an issue with my Corvette. I am told that I don't get my 3 free oil changes due to my car being a marketing vehicle.. I was not informed that my vehicle was a marketing vehicle and purchased it brand new with 8 miles on the ODO. When I took delivery I was told I would receive all warranty..

-Josh
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 AM
EFC1878
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My 2017 Z06 has just started clicking on slow turns - seems to be coming from front driver side wheel - just hit 3,000 miles.

Booked into the dealership for tomorrow

Last edited by EFC1878; 01-23-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:44 PM
johnbeeman1
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EFC1878
My 2017 Z06 has just started clicking on slow turns - seems to be coming from front driver side wheel - just hit 3,000 miles.

Booked into the dealership for tomorrow
Lots of info available on this site. My issue was resolved by replacing a rear shock. Doesn't sound like the same problem for you. John
Old 01-23-2017, 05:26 PM
lazerdude
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I had same clicking noise shortly after buying my new GS. I resolved the issue by simply loosening the lug nuts and re-torquing.

Quick Reply: Loud clicking noise while turning slow