C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a stroker motor for my C7

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:57 PM
vhp04
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for a stroker motor for my C7

Im looking for a stroker motor that can fit my C7, my original Engine blew, so I want to upgrade to a stroker so i can put my pro charger back.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Sorry to hear that what was the cause of it blowing what was the dyno numbers and mods
Old 04-28-2016, 11:32 PM
vhp04
Advanced

Mods pro charger, smaller pully, headers, methanol kit, exhaust system, and dyno numbers were 607rwhp, and it blew on my first run
Old 04-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by vhp04
Mods pro charger, smaller pully, headers, methanol kit, exhaust system, and dyno numbers were 607rwhp, and it blew on my first run
Oh you posted it befor right everyone said might've bin the tune .. You fine the reason why yet ?

My opinion

if your looking for a stroker cuz your afraid of it blowing again just add forged Pistons to a new Lt1 same compression or Lower

and a Cam if your lookin for more power and along with your parts u have it will be a very strong setup
The following users liked this post:
vhp04 (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 11:58 PM
vhp04
Advanced

I haven't found out what it was but im thinking it was the tune, but let me look into that I didn't think about getting another LT1 and just forged the pistons and adding a cam to it. Thanks
Old 04-29-2016, 09:12 AM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I haven't found out what it was but im thinking it was the tune, but let me look into that I didn't think about getting another LT1 and just forged the pistons and adding a cam to it. Thanks
In the other thread I mentioned Texas-Speed can do long or short block 416 Forged.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

On no more power than what you are saying here the prochger didn't blow your motor, It was & had to be the tune that was done on your motor.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:46 AM
vhp04
Advanced

Originally Posted by jacksnorm
In the other thread I mentioned Texas-Speed can do long or short block 416 Forged.
Im going to give them a call thanks
Old 04-29-2016, 09:48 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Seannyc
Oh you posted it befor right everyone said might've bin the tune .. You fine the reason why yet ?

My opinion

if your looking for a stroker cuz your afraid of it blowing again just add forged Pistons to a new Lt1 same compression or Lower

and a Cam if your lookin for more power and along with your parts u have it will be a very strong setup
Maybe also put in a set of K1 forged rods. For the money these rods are cheap plus a ton of guys have used them in c5 blower build with has pushed out over 1,k rwhp with no problems with the rods..

PLUS I WOULDN;T DO THE BLOWER SET UP ALSO. WHY is on a blower motor the piston has to go down into the block even more with in turn lets the piston like go side to side more which will do a lot of wear. Just think about these on the walls in the block really not good for it over time..

NO MORE POWER THAT YOU ARE WANTING HERE I WOULD STAY WITH STOCK CRANK IT IS REALLY GOOD & NOT DO THE STOKER SET UP.. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 04-29-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:48 AM
vhp04
Advanced

Originally Posted by robert miller
On no more power than what you are saying here the prochger didn't blow your motor, It was & had to be the tune that was done on your motor.
I kind of knew that but the tuner told me it wasn't the tune, they didn't want to replace the blown engine
Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

I kind of knew that but the tuner told me it wasn't the tune, they didn't want to replace the blown engine
I really don't care who the tuner was, He not going to say it was his tune that did it. Even if you take your car with that tune that he did to a good tuner and was told this here what he did is the cause of it blowing up. You would still get him saying it wasn't

Plus to me even if you didn't want a catch can & a new system on your car, if he says that is what did it was back pressure The only thing I see this doing is oil leaks from the front & back seals.

Not more rwhp that you are at here just don't see nothing here but a bad tune from not enough gas & meth on the motor. Are something more crazy all around in his tune set up.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Get someone with hptuners to pull the tune and email it to me, I'll tell ya what I think
The following 2 users liked this post by T/A KID:
robert miller (04-29-2016), vhp04 (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Get someone with hptuners to pull the tune and email it to me, I'll tell ya what I think
This what I like about the CF, guys with expertise willing to help out.

One run and his motor is destroyed. I would definitely want to get as much information as possible, as to the cause!

(Best of luck OP!)
Old 04-29-2016, 11:22 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Im curious also...its not easy to blow up an Lt1
Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM
vhp04
Advanced

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Yeah thanks let me get someone to pull the info and i will email you that
Old 04-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
This what I like about the CF, guys with expertise willing to help out.

One run and his motor is destroyed. I would definitely want to get as much information as possible, as to the cause!

(Best of luck OP!)
I can't echo this enough. After my first round of mods T/A and Higgs stepped in and helped me clean up a terrible tune to get my car running the way it should again.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:47 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by blown81bu
Im curious also...its not easy to blow up an Lt1
The OP doesn't think that way Paul. Has to been in the tune. I really don't see this low of HP with a good tune on it doing this at all. Even on all stock inside in the block.

Looks like someone wanted to get to much out of this car to me.

Last edited by robert miller; 04-29-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a stroker motor for my C7

Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 AM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Drifting away just a little from your question.
In NASCAR they put thousands and thousands in their engines.Most of the time their fine but
Sometimes their not.I'm thinking the same with the car engine.If you leave it alone then no
Problems.If it is a little weak and you build it then you have to cross your fingers that it's a
Strong engine.
As far as an after market engine,in my opinion like some of the others,Get another LT1 or maybe an LT4.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Im looking for a stroker motor that can fit my C7, my original Engine blew, so I want to upgrade to a stroker so i can put my pro charger back.
You are here in Austin. I wouldn't suggest reusing the same shop as you used previously unless they are covering the cost of your repairs.

Who worked on my LS3 and really impressed me was Dedicated Motorsports in Round Rock. They are not a machine shop but they are excellent LS mechanics, tuners, and they also are the guys that design the Flexfuel sensors for retrofit to GM engines. Since E85 is commonly available at the HEBs in Austin (I buy it weekly) it can provide you with a lot of protection from detonation.

They are close to TX Speed and can get you a motor thru them but I am a believer in LME for my engines out of Houston. LME, among other things, will break in your engine on the dyno before shipping it assuring no cylinder wash and max power and safety is achieved. Of course LME cost more.

I don't know what happened to your engine and it would be nice to look at the tune and see if that was the cause. However, some engines can just break due to poor tolerances etc... from the factory.

Good luck.

http://www.dedicatedmotorsports.com/
Old 05-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

If you have a non z51 I have my shortblock for sale (with a damaged piston). It would be perfect to bore and throw a set of forged pistons in.

Quick Reply: Looking for a stroker motor for my C7