C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 playlist storing?

Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 PM
bytor
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 7 Posts

Default MP3 playlist storing?

2015 c7 Mp3 Playlist strangeness. Wondering if anyone else has stumbled across this. I have been updating and cleaning up my SD music storage over the last few months. Adding songs, updating playlist and such. I noticed recently the old playlist still showed up when I browse the playlist on the infotainment system. Basically, any playlist I have created is listed on the infotainment system even though it’s not on the SD anymore. I’m assuming the system is storing the playlist files in it’s memory. I don’t see any way to delete them. Maybe a bug?

Anyone else noticed this?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yes, I've noticed the same behavior. I have no idea why. It's got storage there somewhere for the indexing info and timeshift, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access it. I've had the same thing happen where playlists and even music is still stored there. The only conclusion I've come to is that mylink sucks.

If you figure something out, please post it up!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:54 PM
bytor
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
mylink sucks.
Indeed it does. It's so 1990's...
Old 05-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,915 Likes on 5,326 Posts

Have you tried a brand new SD disk with only a few brand new (never on your disks before) files on it to see if the old playlists are there? If you have a high storage capacity SD disk the system may just be reading what is actually on the disk. Just because you erase something doesn't mean it is gone from the disk. If you know the address on the disk you can still call up the stuff that was stored there unless you have added so much data the system starts to overwrite the so called erased data. When you erase something all you do is remove the reference in the directory so the usual software designed to access the disk can't see the address of the data anymore. However, there is other software that can find the data. If you write enough data to the disk it will eventually overwrite the area that isn't referenced anymore but it takes a long time and a lot of data to do that. That is why people destroy old disk drives since you can't be sure the data written on them is erased.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To MP3 playlist storing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MP3 playlist storing?