C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low engine oil - add oil light

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:33 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Joetib07
Did you get a hold of Doug?
Yes, it's exactly as Higgs stated. I'll have to make my way down to ECS next week and have him plug in and update the tune to dry sump. At least it's solved and no big deal. Just have to take an extra ride now.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Yes, it's exactly as Higgs stated. I'll have to make my way down to ECS next week and have him plug in and update the tune to dry sump. At least it's solved and no big deal. Just have to take an extra ride now.
Ok I'll have to do the same, thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

And just out of curiousity is yours auto or manual? Along with my low oil light being on, my cruise control won't stay on in 6th and 7th gear, if yours is a manual could you check yours just to see if it engages being we have the same tuner
Old 05-18-2016, 03:44 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

And just out of curiousity is yours auto or manual? Along with my low oil light being on, my cruise control won't stay on in 6th and 7th gear, if yours is a manual could you check yours just to see if it engages being we have the same tuner
Mines an A8 and I haven't used cruise control on any of my vehicles in like a decade lol
Old 05-28-2016, 01:01 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Mines an A8 and I haven't used cruise control on any of my vehicles in like a decade lol
How to did you make out with the car? Tried calling Doug the other day to see if I can just stop by real quick, if you did get it done then did it take long? Also how are your cooling fans? Do you notice them running high all the time when the car is up to temp? Mine run low on cold start but at operating temp it seems to run at a high speed and never slow down, might just be a part of the tune, let me know, thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 03:53 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

How to did you make out with the car? Tried calling Doug the other day to see if I can just stop by real quick, if you did get it done then did it take long? Also how are your cooling fans? Do you notice them running high all the time when the car is up to temp? Mine run low on cold start but at operating temp it seems to run at a high speed and never slow down, might just be a part of the tune, let me know, thanks

I'm going next week. I think my fans do the same thing. I'll ask him about that.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:13 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Quite a few issues with the tune (too aggressive fan settings, not even checking if it's a dry sump, issues with cruise control also likely caused by tune, etc.). I know he's a reputable tuner, but it at least shows he's not focused on his work.

Finding a good tuner is the hardest issue on pretty much every platform I've been to. I failed on Miata, Camaro, EvoX, and Corvettes. I've only succeeded in STi platform, but the guy had a master's degree on this very field, and later became the master tuner of Cobb Tuning. Anyhow, all I'm saying is that the OEM tune, though too conservative, is usually much better than anything we can get after market

Last edited by X25; 05-31-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:36 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Well ecs switched the tune to dry sump and it went away. Yesterday everything was good. Just went for a ride today and boom it's back. I thought maybe you had to drive a certain amount of distance before it goes away permanent?

Going to have to send it back to ecs. Maybe it's a bad sensor as well ?
The following users liked this post:
Joetib07 (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Joetib07
Instructor

Well ecs switched the tune to dry sump and it went away. Yesterday everything was good. Just went for a ride today and boom it's back. I thought maybe you had to drive a certain amount of distance before it goes away permanent?

Going to have to send it back to ecs. Maybe it's a bad sensor as well ?
I went Wednesday to have Doug re-do it and when he first did it the light went off, I started to drive away and looked down to realize my oil temp gauge stopped working, turned around and told him and he changed something else and everything seems to be working now but my cruise control still doesn't work, and it worked perfectly fine before I brought it there.
The following users liked this post:
blown81bu (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 03:32 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I feel bad for you all..so sorry for all this BS u guys are going through
Old 06-04-2016, 09:11 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I went Wednesday to have Doug re-do it and when he first did it the light went off, I started to drive away and looked down to realize my oil temp gauge stopped working, turned around and told him and he changed something else and everything seems to be working now but my cruise control still doesn't work, and it worked perfectly fine before I brought it there.
what is Mr. Know it all answer to all this???
Old 06-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by blown81bu
what is Mr. Know it all answer to all this???
No clue, I just find it strange that me and this other guy are having the same exact issues, just makes me second guess this whole tune. I haven't had a chance to drive mine again like the other guy did but if my oil light comes back then I'm going to be pissed. My cruise still doesn't work either, for a $700 dyno tune it should be flawless.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:36 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

No clue, I just find it strange that me and this other guy are having the same exact issues, just makes me second guess this whole tune. I haven't had a chance to drive mine again like the other guy did but if my oil light comes back then I'm going to be pissed. My cruise still doesn't work either, for a $700 dyno tune it should be flawless.
.. and seeing even the simplest issues being messed up, it makes you wonder what else is also screwed up. Some of the issues might take a while to surface. Better be safe than sorry: keep logs, especially when driving aggressively!

Last edited by X25; 06-12-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:14 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

I know blown81 and ECS have an issue but let's try to keep this out of this thread and keep it to the resolution. I emailed ECS and chris responded that he will make Doug aware and I have faith they will get this sorted out for me. I have been a customer for over a decade so I think they will do as they have always done for me and do the right thing.

Guess I have to get the car back to them again. That's the sucky part.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

I know blown81 and ECS have an issue but let's try to keep this out of this thread and keep it to the resolution. I emailed ECS and chris responded that he will make Doug aware and I have faith they will get this sorted out for me. I have been a customer for over a decade so I think they will do as they have always done for me and do the right thing.

Guess I have to get the car back to them again. That's the sucky part.
So what happened? Because my oil light just came back on today!!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:17 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

So what happened? Because my oil light just came back on today!!
O boy... they ordered me a new sensor. It's not in yet but if your lights back on I'd think that's odd that it's really both sensors. Why don't you call Doug first thing Monday or call chris if you have his cell or email and tell them they need both cars. This needs to get figured out. Pm Me after you have contact with them.

Chris

Last edited by thegame; 06-11-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:39 PM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Just dropped my car there Friday to be blown with meth. Also have a dry sump. Hope they get both your issues resolved and I don't have the same issue. Strange that it's both of you.

Get notified of new replies

To Low engine oil - add oil light

Old 06-12-2016, 07:53 AM
Joetib07
Instructor

O boy... they ordered me a new sensor. It's not in yet but if your lights back on I'd think that's odd that it's really both sensors. Why don't you call Doug first thing Monday or call chris if you have his cell or email and tell them they need both cars. This needs to get figured out. Pm Me after you have contact with them.

Chris
I don't think it has anything to do with sensors, what are the odds that we are having identical issues with our sensors, I know you never use cruise control but can you do me a favor and try yours, see if it works in 5,6,7,8th, I'm just curious to know if yours isn't working either, from what I hear but hopefully I am wrong is that the sensor for dry sumps are inside the pan and have to remove the pan and is kind of a pain in the a**. It has to be something in the tune.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by stab1991
Just dropped my car there Friday to be blown with meth. Also have a dry sump. Hope they get both your issues resolved and I don't have the same issue. Strange that it's both of you.
Good luck man, let us know when you get it back how it runs, and I agree it's very strange we have the same issues.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Greg2005
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issues

I don't think it has anything to do with sensors, what are the odds that we are having identical issues with our sensors, I know you never use cruise control but can you do me a favor and try yours, see if it works in 5,6,7,8th, I'm just curious to know if yours isn't working either, from what I hear but hopefully I am wrong is that the sensor for dry sumps are inside the pan and have to remove the pan and is kind of a pain in the a**. It has to be something in the tune.
Seems that Doug is having issues getting all the settings worked out. Just picked mine up last Thursday and have all the same issues including the fan running 90% of the time. Doug confirmed the Cruise Control issue but I haven't been able to get a hold of him or Chris since the Low oil light started coming on. It's a 2+ hr drive for me to get back there. Mine is only a S/C, no meth or headers yet Good luck with your install Stab1991, post your numbers too, and when you see them, tell them to call me please! I dont have any luck getting a hold of them most of the time.

Quick Reply: Low engine oil - add oil light