C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 front brakes for $1,150 + pads!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:40 AM
KnightmareCS
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

For anyone wondering:

- Stock front Z51 lines do bolt onto the front Z06 calipers, however they don't look right and are pointed incorrectly when at full lock. You should not use Z51 front lines on Z06 front calipers.

- You do not need to replace the chassis mounted hose brackets, they're the same between Z51/Z06, the line will slide and clip in as long as you orient the hose through correctly.

- Stock rear Z51 lines do bolt onto the rear Z06 calipers. You can reuse your rear Z51 lines.

- Front Z06/Z07 lines from a J57 carbon ceramic caliper car will not work, they are identical to front Z51 lines.

- My thought is definitely use spacers as the spokes are very close to the caliper face. I know in reality the wheel won't flex, but it appears sketchy. Plus you get the bonus of curing the silly sunken-in wheel look.

- Aftermarket pads can come with the spring clips and center bolt, but not the pins. So you can probably get away with just buying a pad set and just pins separately.

- For what it's worth, I don't recall the rear calipers being much different in weight Z51 to Z06 when installing.

- Z06 calipers can be bled with the wheels on and car on the ground if you have skinny arms to reach the inside bleeders. My car is lowered... that didn't help, but still managed to do it lol. I purchased a 25ft length pvc hose, cut it into 8 equal pieces (you can use just 2 3ft pcs if you want) and slid them onto the bleeders with a dab of brake grease to seal. The key is rotating the spokes so you can get a wrench on the outer bleeder screw. Did the two person "pump, hold, bleed, close" method, working inside to out, and RR, RL, FR, FL.

- I did not use the shields at the bottom of this picture. Note the hardline bend of the Z06 front brake line. That is what makes it specific.

Lastly, this 'ish is $$$$
LOL
The following users liked this post:
C6ReadySetGo (08-23-2021)

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 front brakes for $1,150 + pads!