C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on CAI for my 2016 C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Batterycharger
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on CAI for my 2016 C7

What ae your thoughts on the following;
AFE CAI one models boosts 18 HP gain another 46 HP???? $495/$595
AFE Throttle body spacer + 8 HP $150
Granatelli Pro MAF senor for calibration for CAI $150
Is this stuff worth the money??
any advice would be really appreicated
Old 05-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No. Unless you like the way the AFE CAI looks in your engine, its been dyno tested to be ~10hp. It does add a little bit of sound though, so thats your call on whether its worth the money for that gain. Look in the for sale section though, there are always CAI's for sale there.

The throttle body spacer doesn't do anything on this car. An MAF sensor isn't going to add anything. If you're going to do the CAI in addition to some other mods, it could be worthwhile but you'd be much better off having a plan for that and working with a speed shop to do things that make sense.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:10 PM
TennisFreak
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

My thoughts on a CAI?

Waste of money that could be better spend in a 100 other places.

Maybe if you buy a package of CAI, manifold, exhaust, and other things (cam, valve springs, etc) and have it custom tuned then yeah go ahead.
Buying it by itself for performance benefits is pretty much a waste of money IMO.

Did it on my last car and regretted it, will never happen again.

Last edited by TennisFreak; 05-27-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
No. Unless you like the way the AFE CAI looks in your engine, its been dyno tested to be ~10hp. It does add a little bit of sound though, so thats your call on whether its worth the money for that gain. Look in the for sale section though, there are always CAI's for sale there.

The throttle body spacer doesn't do anything on this car. An MAF sensor isn't going to add anything. If you're going to do the CAI in addition to some other mods, it could be worthwhile but you'd be much better off having a plan for that and working with a speed shop to do things that make sense.
Rooster speaks the truth
Old 05-28-2016, 02:57 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG

This ^^^

I am highly modified and all I use is the factory air box and a Green filter.

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts on CAI for my 2016 C7

Quick Reply: Thoughts on CAI for my 2016 C7