C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'15 Z51 Auto-8 Transmission Jerk putting into Drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Default '15 Z51 Auto-8 Transmission Jerk putting into Drive

Hello,

I have a 2015 Corvette Coupe Z51 Automatic. I'm the second owner and was purchased from chevy dealership. Car has 9K miles on it now. I have recently started experiencing something rather odd. For the past two weeks I have noticed when I get into my car, start it up, and move the shifter from "P" to "D" the car goes into gear, then about 3-4 seconds later there is a huge jerk motion that moves the entire car. Now this only happens when the car has sit up for awhile, usually over night. This also happens if the car has been remote started and sits idle for a few minutes before I get in the car to leave. Also happens if I quickly place the car in "D" or if I slowly move from "P" to "R" to "N" to "D". Like I said its a violent jerk motion. if you had a drink sitting on the middle console it would turn over. After the car has been driven for a few minutes however and turned off and then turned back on the car does not do this. Also if you drive it all day turning it on and off it doesn't do this. Only with the first start up of the day. Please help. I've heard that it can be taken into dealership and have the transmission "reflashed"? Is this true? I purchased the car from the dealership and have had no issues other than this. Wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar issues and know of any fixes. Thank you for your time/help.

Lance
Old 06-28-2016, 08:03 PM
tones_Z
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Hi Lance. If you do a search for 'A8 transmission' on this forum, you find some threads that should help out. You are not alone. Hope this helps!
Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by tones_Z:
from9rto1k (06-29-2016), lpabsolute (06-28-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 09:33 AM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

The A8 transmission has known problems like this.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:52 AM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have same issue

bro tell me how did you solve your problem
Old 05-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Default Did you solve it?please tell me what happened with you

Helloo
i have same problem , i bought my car with 30000 mile
pleae advice me what to do

Originally Posted by lpabsolute
Hello,

I have a 2015 Corvette Coupe Z51 Automatic. I'm the second owner and was purchased from chevy dealership. Car has 9K miles on it now. I have recently started experiencing something rather odd. For the past two weeks I have noticed when I get into my car, start it up, and move the shifter from "P" to "D" the car goes into gear, then about 3-4 seconds later there is a huge jerk motion that moves the entire car. Now this only happens when the car has sit up for awhile, usually over night. This also happens if the car has been remote started and sits idle for a few minutes before I get in the car to leave. Also happens if I quickly place the car in "D" or if I slowly move from "P" to "R" to "N" to "D". Like I said its a violent jerk motion. if you had a drink sitting on the middle console it would turn over. After the car has been driven for a few minutes however and turned off and then turned back on the car does not do this. Also if you drive it all day turning it on and off it doesn't do this. Only with the first start up of the day. Please help. I've heard that it can be taken into dealership and have the transmission "reflashed"? Is this true? I purchased the car from the dealership and have had no issues other than this. Wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar issues and know of any fixes. Thank you for your time/help.

Lance
Old 05-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I have this problem when the car sits for a week without starting.

If you start the car and let it idle for 30 seconds or soe before moving the shifter, mine will not jerk.

If you want a permanent fix, there is a fix that requires the R&R of an internal tranny part. The Tranny fluid is leaking internally while sitting for a long time and the 30 seconds gives it time to refill.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 AM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Default If i didnt fix ... its normal and no new problem

Thx for your replay
brother i live in Dubai and here we have a group for Corvette . And i asked many guys they said its normla and nothing to worry about... so what do you think ??
Nothing to worry about if i dont fix this isseu ??
is there any more problem will become if i dont fix ?
Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Clifftrail
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 75 Posts

I had similar problem with mine. Took it in to dealer and they applied update to TCM and its been much improved since. I'll take a look at the invoice later and see what specifically it says they did. Don't have it handy atm.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Default Waiting your information ...

Originally Posted by Clifftrail
I had similar problem with mine. Took it in to dealer and they applied update to TCM and its been much improved since. I'll take a look at the invoice later and see what specifically it says they did. Don't have it handy atm.
so the update solve ur problem ??
waiting for you
Old 05-14-2018, 06:32 PM
Clifftrail
Racer

It's been a month since the tcm reprogramming and I haven't experienced the harsh initial engagements since. Almost drive daily.

My invoice refers to bulletin 15-na-007 for the tcm update. Also says software 18477, fdb49. That may be the update program applied.... not sure.

GL with yours. I know mine has improved at least since the update.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:17 AM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Default I will try programing

It's been a month since the tcm reprogramming and I haven't experienced the harsh initial engagements since. Almost drive daily.

My invoice refers to bulletin 15-na-007 for the tcm update. Also says software 18477, fdb49. That may be the update program applied.... not sure.

GL with yours. I know mine has improved at least since the update.
i will take it to the dealer and show them our msgs and tell them just to try the programing ... to see if it will solve my problem... and i will update you guys
Old 05-15-2018, 07:04 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by lpabsolute
Hello,

Lance
Had same issue, Found S.I. DOC.4262033. To Reprogram TCM. PERF. Software Update on TCM PER. DOC. 4262033. PERF. Garage Shift VEH. Operates to FAC. Specs. CLAME Code 18EE9 / FD88D. Now Functions fine. No issue.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Opelveve
6th Gear

Default Only a programming job??

Originally Posted by C2367
Had same issue, Found S.I. DOC.4262033. To Reprogram TCM. PERF. Software Update on TCM PER. DOC. 4262033. PERF. Garage Shift VEH. Operates to FAC. Specs. CLAME Code 18EE9 / FD88D. Now Functions fine. No issue.
this programming only??
no any mechanical job ?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Clifftrail
Racer

Yeah, reprogram only. According to the invoice it takes a few hours and gets road tested after though so I would anticipate a 1/2 or full day with dealer.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:24 PM
C2367
Drifting

Originally Posted by Opelveve

this programming only??
no any mechanical job ?
In and out, no mechanical. Done, Fixed.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 PM
C2367
Drifting

Yeah, reprogram only. According to the invoice it takes a few hours and gets road tested after though so I would anticipate a 1/2 or full day with dealer.
Was about 1/2 Day.

Get notified of new replies

To '15 Z51 Auto-8 Transmission Jerk putting into Drive

Quick Reply: '15 Z51 Auto-8 Transmission Jerk putting into Drive