C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 radiator install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:07 PM
MindBend
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default New C7 radiator install

According to what I can see, the condensor lines need removed, requiring evacuation and recharging of coolant in A/C system.
Is this correct? any other way?
thx

Last edited by MindBend; 09-20-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:23 AM
MindBend
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow! I hear crickets in here.

Figured out a way to avoid it...not easy but worked. Will post up some details when I can write it up.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

When I replaced the stock radiator on a Z51 with a Dewitts, I did NOT have to disconnect the AC lines. It is a bit tricky and a little PITA. Basically there are plastic tabs that connect the radiator to the AC coil. There is sufficient play in the AC lines so you can get to the tabs.

There are a couple threads on this forum. Don't pay attention to the people that tell you to break the plastic tabs off! Not necessary at all.

If you are patient, you can get it out far enough to work the tabs out and then separate the two. When putting the new radiator in it helps to have a helper, but I struggled and did it alone. Just be patient and take a brake. You will work one side and the tab will pop out the other. Keep at it and eventually you can get them both in. BUt a second person would make it easier.

Save a beer for when you got it back together!

Last edited by Flame Red; 09-21-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:40 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
When I replaced the stock radiator on a Z51 with a Dewitts, I did NOT have to disconnect the AC lines. It is a bit tricky and a little PITA. Basically there are plastic tabs that connect the radiator to the AC coil. There is sufficient play in the AC lines so you can get to the tabs.

There are a couple threads on this forum. Don't pay attention to the people that tell you to break the plastic tabs off! Not necessary at all.

If you are patient, you can get it out far enough to work the tabs out and then separate the two. When putting the new radiator in it helps to have a helper, but I struggled and did it alone. Just be patient and take a brake. You will work one side and the tab will pop out the other. Keep at it and eventually you can get them both in. BUt a second person would make it easier.

Save a beer for when you got it back together!
I did the same here. Was a PITA to play and get the thing loose but also did it and put back in after the DeWitts rad put back into the stock hole. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 radiator install

Quick Reply: New C7 radiator install