C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to get the CC brake calipers with steel rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Liter of cola
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Is it possible to get the CC brake calipers with steel rotors?

I want the calipers that are in the stupid $10,000+ carbon ceramic brake package but i dont need, or want the carbon ceramic disks. Are there steelies that fit these brakes? Where can i buy just the calipers?
Old 10-16-2016, 09:05 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 479 Posts

For the price you'll pay for them, just get the AP Racing Radi-cal kit.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:13 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I can't tell if you have purchased a C7 or not. I reviewed some of your older posts and there's some indication that you have a VIN, so I guess you've already bought your car.

If you haven't bought a C7 yet, actually the Z07 package costs $7995 to add to a GS or Z06.

And in addition to the carbon ceramic brakes with the big calipers you want, you get "Z07 suspension tuning" and Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires.

Are you going to track the car? Is that why you want the Z07 suspension tuning, but not the Z07 brakes, in order to reduce the cost of consumables?

After you get the Z07 package on your car, you can swap out the carbon ceramic rotors and pads for cast iron rotors and compatible pads for less than $3000 from forum vendor Girodisc:

http://www.girodisc.com/C7-Z07_c_1345.html

So....if you get a Z07, when you swap out your carbon ceramic setup, I'll give you $2500 for your low street miles Z07 rotors and pads - let me know when you put your cast iron rotors on and want to get rid of your Z07 stuff!!

If you get a GS or Z06 without the Z07 option, you can certainly buy a set of Z07 calipers and get the Girodisc cast iron rotors and pads for them. I'm sure there will be plenty of track hounds looking to buy your non-Z07 cast iron rotors and pads.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Liter of cola
Racer

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I can't tell if you have purchased a C7 or not. I reviewed some of your older posts and there's some indication that you have a VIN, so I guess you've already bought your car.

If you haven't bought a C7 yet, actually the Z07 package costs $7995 to add to a GS or Z06.

And in addition to the carbon ceramic brakes with the big calipers you want, you get "Z07 suspension tuning" and Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires.

Are you going to track the car? Is that why you want the Z07 suspension tuning, but not the Z07 brakes, in order to reduce the cost of consumables?

After you get the Z07 package on your car, you can swap out the carbon ceramic rotors and pads for cast iron rotors and compatible pads for less than $3000 from forum vendor Girodisc:

http://www.girodisc.com/C7-Z07_c_1345.html

So....if you get a Z07, when you swap out your carbon ceramic setup, I'll give you $2500 for your low street miles Z07 rotors and pads - let me know when you put your cast iron rotors on and want to get rid of your Z07 stuff!!

If you get a GS or Z06 without the Z07 option, you can certainly buy a set of Z07 calipers and get the Girodisc cast iron rotors and pads for them. I'm sure there will be plenty of track hounds looking to buy your non-Z07 cast iron rotors and pads.

I wish i coulda swung a z07 package car but my 17' GS thats on its way to me from KY unfortunatley does not have the package. Its a 2lt with an msrp of 76k, i paid $67k, that was pretty much my max that i could swing.

I wish i could get the z07 suspension tuning too but idk if you can do that after the fact of buying the car. If you can i'd love to.

I posted this wondering where i can buy zo7 package brake calipers to put together with some steel rotors Because the carbon rotors are way too expensive. Do i need any other parts to fit z07 size discs and calipers on my NON z07 Grand Sport, or do the larger rotors and calipers bolt right up? Also the main question still remains, where can i get z07 calipers from?

Last edited by Liter of cola; 10-16-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:36 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

The rotors you're talking about are CAST IRON!!

You can get the Z07 calipers from any GM/Chevy parts supplier - but you'll probably get your best deal through one of the forum vendors.

Here are a couple links to forum vendor Trunk Monkey (Suburban Chevy).

Here's a link to a page on their site with the front calipers - you want the ones that say "w/ceramic rotors" and then pick the color you want:

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...nt-brakes-scat

And here's the rear caliper info:

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...ar-brakes-scat

Looks like a pair of front ones will cost a little less than $1800, and the rear pair about $1400. I think your Girodisc cast iron rotors and pads will be something like $3000.

So...a total of maybe $6200 plus shipping.

I don't know if they will bolt right onto your car, or if some extension brackets or anything else are required.

So, you may be able to do it for around $1600-$1700 cheaper than the Z07 option. The Z07 package includes not only the carbon ceramic brakes, but also the suspension tuning, Sport Cup 2 tires, Stage 3 aerodynamics, etc. I'm glad I got the Z07.

Good luck - and post up how it all went when you're done so anybody else that wants to do the same thing will have all the info they need.

Oh....and PICTURES when you're done!!!

BTW: I just checked eBay and there's a complete set of 4 calipers for $1750. There's a small scraped area on the front ones from when the seller put wrong size wheels on it - but the scrapes look purely cosmetic.

Last edited by BEZ06; 10-16-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added BTW
Old 10-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Liter of cola
Racer

Originally Posted by BEZ06
The rotors you're talking about are CAST IRON!!

You can get the Z07 calipers from any GM/Chevy parts supplier - but you'll probably get your best deal through one of the forum vendors.

Here are a couple links to forum vendor Trunk Monkey (Suburban Chevy).

Here's a link to a page on their site with the front calipers - you want the ones that say "w/ceramic rotors" and then pick the color you want:

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...nt-brakes-scat

And here's the rear caliper info:

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...ar-brakes-scat

Looks like a pair of front ones will cost a little less than $1800, and the rear pair about $1400. I think your Girodisc cast iron rotors and pads will be something like $3000.

So...a total of maybe $6200 plus shipping.

thanks a lot guy... that's exactly what I was looking for

Last edited by Liter of cola; 10-17-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:39 AM
Liter of cola
Racer

Originally Posted by spearfish25
For the price you'll pay for them, just get the AP Racing Radi-cal kit.

just checked those out... damn are they nice! may go that route although they want $7k for those. smh

Last edited by Liter of cola; 10-17-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Liter of cola
just checked those out... damn are they nice! may go that route although they want $7k for those. smh
Don't know where you checked them out but I just purchased the Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit (Front CP9668/372mm)- C7 Corvette and it came to $5250 with tax including two sets of pads (1 track, 1 street and 3 containers of Feroda brake fluid). I didn't have to pay shipping since I live 8 miles from the vendor but shipping wouldn't add a couple K to the package.

Your car already comes with the rear calipers/rotors they recommend to run with the front kit.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 10-17-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Liter of cola
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Don't know where you checked them out but I just purchased the Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit (Front CP9668/372mm)- C7 Corvette and it came to $5250 with tax including two sets of pads (1 track, 1 street and 3 containers of Feroda brake fluid). I didn't have to pay shipping since I live 8 miles from the vendor but shipping wouldn't add a couple K to the package.

Your car already comes with the rear calipers/rotors they recommend to run with the front kit.

Bill
https://www.corvettemods.com/C7-Corv...RXKBoCz5bw_wcB

I think the z07 brakes are more what i want, i want those massive calipers and rotors.

Last edited by Liter of cola; 10-17-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Is it possible to get the CC brake calipers with steel rotors?

Quick Reply: Is it possible to get the CC brake calipers with steel rotors?