C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tech - Locking lug nuts designed to stop wheel theft.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:03 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Tech - Locking lug nuts designed to stop wheel theft.

Hello fellow Corvette enthusiasts! We are debuting a new product this week, several years in the making. You might remember me from Quantum cooling ducts and Lambert Automotive Performance Products.

How many of you have parked your car somewhere and worried if your wheels would still be on it when you came back to it? This was a concern I faced for years when I would park my Vette in the city. Sure, I had locks on it. But we all know that they are for most part a mild deterrent, not true theft protection. Like most of our products, necessity was the mother of invention. So I designed a new wheel lock unlike any other. Our new wheel lock makes removal with common tools virtually impossible.

Our Patent Pending conical design is inspired by the tumbler locks that keep your home safe. The key plates allow for infinite combinations so that you can be in control of your security. (They also allow us to make you your very own exclusive key pattern. Please call or email us to discuss.)

Completely designed and manufactured here in the Midwest, our new Advanced Wheel Locks are made of heat treated alloy steel and are coated in a corrosive resistant nickel chrome.

Currently we offer these in M12 x 1.5 with a 60 degree seat, which will fit all C7 Corvettes. We will be adding additional sizes soon.

We are starting out with limited batch runs, and for this reason, we are able to offer initial startup batches that have exclusive key patterns specifically for members of the Corvette Forum. Once they are gone, we will never reproduce these select key pattern again!

To celebrate our newest product, we wish to offer forum members special introductory pricing!

NEW LOWER PRICE

Just enter the coupon code cf2016 at checkout and get our lock set for only $88.

Thanks to our suppliers sharpening their pencils, us producing in much larger batches, and a packaging re-design that is drastically cheaper, we are able to offer the forum members a much lower price.

The $88 forum exclusive price is very near what our wholesale price would be to volume purchasers.

When you think that some members here have purchased two or more sets of traditional wheel locks to deter would be thieves, you end up spending nearly as much for nowhere near the protection our locks offer.

Please visit us at https://advancedwheellocks.com for more information and to take advantage of this limited offer, or call us at 1-888-422-9685.

We look forward to serving you!

Jon Lambert
Advanced Wheel Locks
Lambert Automotive Performance Products

Here are a couple pics I took of our locks on a C6 Z51 and Grand Sport.

Last edited by Advanced_Wheel_Locks; 10-24-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: New Lower Price!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:47 AM
MindBend
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

When will black be available?
Old 10-19-2016, 08:11 AM
ersatz928
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 457 Posts

So you can't smash a socket on these with a hammer, and then loosen them?
Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 AM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

That is correct!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Rob#2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like this design a lot, it is very creative.
Having had wheel locks on all 20 lugs and having had a dealership lose the key, what is your solution for when this (inevitably) happens again? PM me if necessary.
Fortunately in that situation I was able to buy a master key for $100 cash vs. having something welded to the locking lugs to remove them.

Last edited by Rob#2; 10-19-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:23 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

Thanks!

Each set will come with two product stickers containing your serial number and a bar code. We recommend that you place one on the car next to your tire info sticker on your door, and keep the other someplace safe at home. From that we will be able to assemble a key and overnight one to you if necessary. As long as the address matches the person we sold the locks to...
Old 10-19-2016, 07:28 PM
Rob#2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Thanks!

Each set will come with two product stickers containing your serial number and a bar code. We recommend that you place one on the car next to your tire info sticker on your door, and keep the other someplace safe at home. From that we will be able to assemble a key and overnight one to you if necessary. As long as the address matches the person we sold the locks to...
outstanding! Now when will you have black?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:01 AM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

We are working on the black right now. Black chrome ends up a bit too gun-metal looking, so we are looking into other coating methods today.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:31 PM
VetteZr
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Just had the same problem at my local dealer, they said they could not find the lock key, of course the key mysteriously was inside the hidden compartment & not where I placed it in the center armrest, but of course this was after they damaged the wheel locks.

Originally Posted by Rob#2
I like this design a lot, it is very creative.
Having had wheel locks on all 20 lugs and having had a dealership lose the key, what is your solution for when this (inevitably) happens again? PM me if necessary.
Fortunately in that situation I was able to buy a master key for $100 cash vs. having something welded to the locking lugs to remove them.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:02 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

We also plan to offer the option to purchase a second key at checkout. We hope to have that change made to the website soon.

Also we just lowered the price!

Get notified of new replies

To New Tech - Locking lug nuts designed to stop wheel theft.

Quick Reply: New Tech - Locking lug nuts designed to stop wheel theft.