C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat memory problem

Old 11-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Gary2016
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Seat memory problem

ok so my seat won't go back to the set seat position when car is started. It will complete easy exit on shut off however sometimes when I enter car and start it the seat and wheel will not go to the set position. So I hold in the button on the setting I had and it just moves a tiny bit. If I hold it nothing happened but if I keep hitting it every time I do it moves a tiny bit until after like 15 pushes it goes to the set position. What is this? Anyone else have this issue? How was it fixed if it was? Thank you it is driving me crazy.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:03 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

You may have the easy exit set to go all the way back and when it does that there is a button or something that it hits back there that wont let it do the presets when you get in. Try adjusting the exit position forward just a tad and then set it and see if that works.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:18 PM
RocksZC7
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
You may have the easy exit set to go all the way back and when it does that there is a button or something that it hits back there that wont let it do the presets when you get in. Try adjusting the exit position forward just a tad and then set it and see if that works.
My 2016 Zo6 operates the same way. When I get in the car, I have to move the seat slightly forward using the seat control on the side of the seat. After the seat moves forward, push the seat memory button and all the stored settings will be implemented. My dealer checked the seat and told me it is working as designed. He stated this is a safety feature.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:54 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RocksZC7
My 2016 Zo6 operates the same way. When I get in the car, I have to move the seat slightly forward using the seat control on the side of the seat. After the seat moves forward, push the seat memory button and all the stored settings will be implemented. My dealer checked the seat and told me it is working as designed. He stated this is a safety feature.
Mine did that too but my dealership just reset the exit setting so it doesnt hit that button and now all is good. Just ease it forward a tad then reset the exit for that setting and then your entry settings should work without having to push forward first.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:43 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by RocksZC7

This is what I do.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:27 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

This is good to know. I am experiencing the same thing and thought that this was some sort of a defect. I will try setting the exit settings slightly forward and see if this resolves the issue.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Yup like others have said if the seat is all of the way back it keeps if from going to driving position.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:23 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

You also are supposed to set the 3 positions with the Memory Seat setting on Off in the Settings menu. Then after they are set you can go back to the settings menu and turn them on. I did both at the same time. Set them with Settings Off and moved the exit position up an inch, so don't know if it took both to make it work or just the seat up.

There is a good video on You Tube.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:47 PM
copjsd
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary2016
ok so my seat won't go back to the set seat position when car is started. It will complete easy exit on shut off however sometimes when I enter car and start it the seat and wheel will not go to the set position. So I hold in the button on the setting I had and it just moves a tiny bit. If I hold it nothing happened but if I keep hitting it every time I do it moves a tiny bit until after like 15 pushes it goes to the set position. What is this? Anyone else have this issue? How was it fixed if it was? Thank you it is driving me crazy.
Hello, Gary,

I experienced the same issue. I learned that mine was caused by the seat making contact (interference) during the "easy exit" seat movement (towards the rear) with my 6-point shoulder harnesses that I previously stored hanging from the harness bar, dangling behind the seats.

Possibly you have something behind your seat that is preventing the seat from moving into the full "easy exit" position. When the full "easy exit" position isn't achieved, the automatic seat repositioning out of the "easy exit" position is prevented.

I hope this helps!

Joe
Old 12-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Blue Batman
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary2016
I used to have this issue as well. Brought to dealership. Basically, set your exit space slightly forward. If seat goes all the way back it hits some button or something it stops it from using the auto seat recall properly. Easy fix, don't lose sleep over it.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat memory problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat memory problem