C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armytrix & Akraprovic

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Bump
Old 12-03-2016, 03:35 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Your other option is headers. I'm running LG Super Pro's with catted 3" x-pipe and stock NPP with fuse 42 pulled. Nice bark at start up, very nice normal cruise speeds, women and children run scared when you run the rpm's. plus you can grab a good 40 rwhp with a good tune.

My last ride was a cammed C6Z with ARH headers and Corsa's. That car sounded really good as well, but my C7 sounds equally as good IMO
Old 12-03-2016, 08:49 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I have the Akrapovic exhaust with American Racing headers on my Z06 and I love the sound. I get compliments on it all the time... Worth every penny in my opinion..
Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by dovervold
Your other option is headers. I'm running LG Super Pro's with catted 3" x-pipe and stock NPP with fuse 42 pulled. Nice bark at start up, very nice normal cruise speeds, women and children run scared when you run the rpm's. plus you can grab a good 40 rwhp with a good tune.

My last ride was a cammed C6Z with ARH headers and Corsa's. That car sounded really good as well, but my C7 sounds equally as good IMO
Thanks for the response are you running LT or Mids. I really like the stock exhaust I just want it louder. How much did the headers run you.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by 2016 Z06
I have the Akrapovic exhaust with American Racing headers on my Z06 and I love the sound. I get compliments on it all the time... Worth every penny in my opinion..
I know that setup sounds amazing. Any sound clips?
Old 12-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Anyone with Armytrix
Old 12-10-2016, 06:06 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 586 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazzmania
Anyone with Armytrix
Want to be a demo guy?

-Josh
Old 12-10-2016, 09:55 PM
btwicked
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mu$cle
I had the Akrapovic exhaust (stainless) on my C6Z, and now have the axle back Akrapovic (titanium) on my C7Z paired with a Corsa X-pipe. NPP is fully functional (though I never take it out of track mode) and no issues with codes. No drone and not obnoxious when driving "normal". This exhaust is a monster under load. I feel a little sorry for those I pass on the track - well, not really. Simplify your life and call Ben Herndon at Weapon-X.

Must have been an installation issue. I installed on my car with no issues.
I have same setup with corsa X and akra axleback on a 16 Z and the sound is amazing. No issue with the install or throwing codes. I did the install on jack stands in the garage. Simple procedure.

Like others have said, give Ben a call at Weapon X.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by btwicked
I have same setup with corsa X and akra axleback on a 16 Z and the sound is amazing. No issue with the install or throwing codes. I did the install on jack stands in the garage. Simple procedure.

Like others have said, give Ben a call at Weapon X.
Per say for the cost of the Borla ATKA with NPP, I first put on LT headers with the 3 inch mid pipe first. With that being said then got the Borla cat back with NPP for the cost of what this system cost new and I will go to even say for a used system. It was not worth the cost in no more than it chged the sound of my cars with it on it to me really not worth the cost at all. Robert

Quick Reply: Armytrix & Akraprovic