C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which catch can with Z51/ E force?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:44 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Default Which catch can with Z51/ E force?

ill be installing a stage 2 Edelbrock E force next weekend. I've been reading up on all the catch can threads and still haven't found this information. I see some catch cans have check valves others don't( I've read they are needed for centrifical blowers but PD blowers?) Some have one exit others have two. So I'm looking for a dirty side catch can for my application and if I need check valves and one or two exits? Any brands, part numbers or links would be great! I'm hoping to stay under $200 if possible..Thanks
Old 11-28-2016, 12:26 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Are you a wet sump or dry sump??

my setup is a wet sump, I have the line from each valvecover to the induction (like factory). From the valley I run a line to a RX catchcan then the out line to the blower snout with a check valve facing the inlet (don't want to boost the crankcase when the blower pressurizes)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:28 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Your a Z51 duh so a dry sump, complicates it slightly, look up RX catchcan (other vendors have basically the same thing)
for the z06
Old 11-28-2016, 07:18 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

So is a catch can with check valves and 2 outlet lines the best option for my Eforce supercharged Z51?
Old 11-29-2016, 04:29 PM
eric03l
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Are you a wet sump or dry sump??

my setup is a wet sump, I have the line from each valvecover to the induction (like factory). From the valley I run a line to a RX catchcan then the out line to the blower snout with a check valve facing the inlet (don't want to boost the crankcase when the blower pressurizes)
I have a wet sump as well, but I run passenger valvecover to intake tube. Driver side valvecover to catch can, Pcv valve from catch to intake manifold, and valley to intake inlet. This is a A&A blower and MM catch can. So its probably setup different from yours.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I ordered the Elite E2 with the two exit outlets and one line into the can. I'm routing the line from the crank case to the in of that catch can. Then one of the exits to the manifold (PD supercharger) the other exit I'll be tapping into the coupler between the air intake and throttle body. Those will also get check valves.

Last edited by BlueDevilZ51; 11-29-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:11 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Originally Posted by eric03l
I have a wet sump as well, but I run passenger valvecover to intake tube. Driver side valvecover to catch can, Pcv valve from catch to intake manifold, and valley to intake inlet. This is a A&A blower and MM catch can. So its probably setup different from yours.
thats a good setup, but do you have anything between the valley and blower inlet??? If not I would have a catchcan setup to catch oil there otherwise you're going to coat the inlet of the blower with oil...
The valley is the biggest source of oil over the valvecovers in my opinion...
David is a smart guy, just trying to understand how you routed your setup

Last edited by T/A KID; 11-29-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:29 PM
eric03l
Instructor

Originally Posted by T/A KID
thats a good setup, but do you have anything between the valley and blower inlet??? If not I would have a catchcan setup to catch oil there otherwise you're going to coat the inlet of the blower with oil...
The valley is the biggest source of oil over the valvecovers in my opinion...
David is a smart guy, just trying to understand how you routed your setup
well orginally I had the valley to the pcv valve on the catch can, but per the instructions that came with the can it didn't seem right. I emailed David and sent him pics and he said I could either plug the valley or route it to the blower inlet. I haven't driven the car, since I installed it this past weekend but it was a bit mind boggling to me for a simple setup. Lol
heres a pic of how its setup right now. Valley capped, intake manifold with a T for the bov and the line from the pcv valve on the can. It didn't make sense at first but it's creating a vacuum now and the oil smell is gone.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:48 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Seems odd to have the crank case just capped off.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:26 AM
eric03l
Instructor

I just capped it for now since I didn't have the extra lines to connect it all, but even with that, I'm not sure if that's how the can is designed to work. Its creating vacuum so I can assume its working
Old 11-30-2016, 11:28 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

my setups and instructions are specific to my products because they have function that others do not. you cannot compare apples to oranges.

any questions my email is always open mightymousesolutions@gmail.com

I sold a system this morning to a guy with an elite kit who was blowing the dipstick out due to only stock breathing capability on a highly modified build.

be very careful routing blowby around and blocking this and that with check valves. it is only increasing crankcase pressure vs. setting it free.
#mmsolutions
Six time NMCA True Street Champions

Home of the first Twin Turbo C7Z 7.81 @ 176
3470# Stock bottom end and heads Corvette Stock Bottom End Record Holder

Last edited by David@MMS; 11-30-2016 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
eric03l (11-30-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Which catch can with Z51/ E force?

Quick Reply: Which catch can with Z51/ E force?