C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 ARH mid-length

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:35 AM
djmz51
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 ARH mid-length

can you rune the arh mid length. afe intake, and borla x pipe without a tune and be fine? will there be a lot of benefits from doing so?
Old 11-30-2016, 03:45 PM
C7gs812
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You can but will see much better results with a tune. Without the tune with these mods seems like people pick up about 20 rwhp and torque with a tune about 30 for both.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:58 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,466 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by djmz51
can you rune the arh mid length. afe intake, and borla x pipe without a tune and be fine? will there be a lot of benefits from doing so?
This is actually what I am wondering, too.

AFE leans out the car with the larger intake. Headers on GM V8s usually make the car run richer since ECU overcompensates for the relief in back-pressure, making it richer. Together, you might stay VERY CLOSE TO OPTIMAL with stock tune : ) Sure, you might be losing a bit of potential, but if it is running very healthy with stock tune, that would be the ideal for me. There are way too many negative reviews of tunes done on LT1, from having little to no effect (when run on dyno) to issues with TCM, stability control, PTM, and even things as simple as oil level warning light not working right, since the tuner happened to just copy-paste someone else's C7's map over yours, and it had a dry sump, etc. I would rather avoid it.

Last edited by X25; 11-30-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:51 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I did the mids with highflow cats and did a before and after dyno through the process, here is a link to my thread. Now with you adding the x-pipe I would think that is like doing long tube headers and if the cats location is moved or removed then you will probably need a tune. Just the mids gave a good increase all around.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...with-tune.html
Old 12-01-2016, 01:43 PM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm running mids with cats, halltech, ported throttle body, x-pipe and sport mufflers. The only thing inline that is stock are the AFM valves (which I hope to delete and add a non obstructed pipe). I am running stock tuning and have had no running issues.

I have an early release mid with cat I picked up from descatesfool which he bought and didn't install on his 2014.

The only issue I have had and it isn't consistent is a CEL from the secondary o2's. Contacted ARH about this and was told that their early release cats where known to do this. They have since replaced these with better cats. I thought I'd replace mine, but was quoted $900 for the new cats! So, I drive around with a small scan tool and delete the code when it pops up.

I don't get the code on the track which is nice, but I get it during normal driving conditions.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AKKutz
I'm running mids with cats, halltech, ported throttle body, x-pipe and sport mufflers. The only thing inline that is stock are the AFM valves (which I hope to delete and add a non obstructed pipe). I am running stock tuning and have had no running issues.

I have an early release mid with cat I picked up from descatesfool which he bought and didn't install on his 2014.

The only issue I have had and it isn't consistent is a CEL from the secondary o2's. Contacted ARH about this and was told that their early release cats where known to do this. They have since replaced these with better cats. I thought I'd replace mine, but was quoted $900 for the new cats! So, I drive around with a small scan tool and delete the code when it pops up.

I don't get the code on the track which is nice, but I get it during normal driving conditions.
Why didn't ARH replace your cats with the upgraded ones under warranty?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:35 AM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Al
Why didn't ARH replace your cats with the upgraded ones under warranty?
I have no idea. They never even offered an exchange!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ARH mid-length

Quick Reply: C7 ARH mid-length