C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exit memory seating setting

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 12:01 PM
waipahe
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Exit memory seating setting

Hello all. I am going to set my memory seating for my 2017 Corvette today for the first time. The manual is very clear on how to set the memory for 1 & 2. But not only I, but Chevrolet advisors themselves seems unclear as to the exit setting. I am 6'4' and my wife is 5'4". Thus, I would like to be able to set up my exit memory for both she and I. Chevrolet doesn't know if that is possible, or if so, how to do it. Anyone have any experience ? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I don't think you can have 2 exits settings. You have 2 driving settings and 1 exit setting.

Elmer
Old 01-12-2017, 12:16 PM
waipahe
Advanced

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I don't think you can have 2 exits settings. You have 2 driving settings and 1 exit setting.

Elmer
Thank you
Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 AM
johnbeeman1
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Settings Won't HOLD

I've gotten the mailings and emails on how to set the "memory" seat settings as well as the exit setting. What is most frustrating is the settings don't "hold". For unknown reasons, suddenly the exit setting fails. I've set and reset both the memory and the exit - and both just won't "hold". Anyone else have this problem? Obviously, something is going on ergo all the notices from Chevy about how to use these features. John
Old 01-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I think a lot of the issues related to the memory function is due to the seat being against the bulkhead in the exit position. At times the travel limit switch will get depressed and this keeps the seat from working properly at the next entrance. This behaviour is intermittent depending on if the switch is depressed or not. The fix is to program the exit position at least an inch forward of the full rear position. This takes care of most of the issues.

Originally Posted by johnbeeman1
I've gotten the mailings and emails on how to set the "memory" seat settings as well as the exit setting. What is most frustrating is the settings don't "hold". For unknown reasons, suddenly the exit setting fails. I've set and reset both the memory and the exit - and both just won't "hold". Anyone else have this problem? Obviously, something is going on ergo all the notices from Chevy about how to use these features. John
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Bubbletop409
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Go on youtube and search "cute ginger c7 seats". She does tutorials on many issues facing C7 owners for the first time, ended my frustration.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:36 PM
waipahe
Advanced

Got to it and she has a great site. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Exit memory seating setting

Quick Reply: Exit memory seating setting