C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stabilitrack warning on my C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:59 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Stabilitrack warning on my C7

I was out for a cruise last night when my engine light starts blinking and I get Stabilitrack warning. I heard and felt nothing different in the car, it just came on randomly. Is Stabilitrack the rear torque vectoring differential motor?

Either way it is going in to the dealer next week, this is the first problem I have had with my C7.

Last edited by leadville1; 01-13-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by leadville1
I was out for a cruise last night when my engine light starts blinking and I get Stabilitrack warning. I heard and felt nothing different in the car, it just came on randomly. Is Stabilitrack the rear torque vectoring differential motor?

Either way it is going in to the dealer next week, this is the first problem I have had with my C7.
Possible electrical anomaly. I had a "service tire management system" while on a trip. It eventually went away. Dealer could find nothing wrong.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1

Stabilitrack is a feature of the ABS that helps control vehicle yaw when in emergency or high performance maneuvers. It detects under or over steer and applies a single brake to yaw the car in the direction the driver is turning the steering wheel. If the front wheels aren't turning the car fast enough an inside front or rear brake is applied to yaw the car quicker. If the rear wheels are stepping out too fast to one side or the other an outside front brake is applied to slow the pivot and bring the car in line with where the steering wheel is pointed. Along with those actions the EBCM can request an engine torque reduction.

If you have a CEL and Service Stabilitrack or TC message that means there is an engine problem causing an issue with those two features.

Active Handling (Stabiltrack) depends on the ECM to reduce engine torque when requested by the EBCM. If the ECM detects an engine control issue that will prevent it from responding correctly to the EBCM request it will send a signal to the EBCM that it can't respond. Once that happens the CEL is displayed and the EBCM sets a code that displays the Service Stabilitrack message. Once the cause of the Check engine light is resolved the Stabilitrack message will go away (sometimes it has just been a loose spark plug wire). In the C5 and C6 the EBCM code that caused the service message basically meant the problem isn't here go look at the ECM and engine. I suspect the same thing happens in the C7.

Bill
The following 2 users liked this post by Bill Dearborn:
leadville1 (01-13-2017), Mamandoli (01-23-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 03:33 PM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

I just checked I had a code for misfire on Cylinder 3, so I suspect this is what is causing the Stabilitrack issue. I didn't see any loose plug wires though.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Check to make sure the plug wire is seated properly on the plug. The boot may be over the plug but the end of the wire that clips onto the head of the plug may not be making a solid contact with the plug.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
leadville1 (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 11:35 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

I took it apart the heat shrouds on the plug wires were making a slight contact issues, re-started car no more flashing lights.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:32 PM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Problem came back, it turned out I had a broken valve spring on my Texas Speed Head and Cam kit. They are replacing it today, strange failure, unprecedented according to Texas Speed.

Get notified of new replies

To Stabilitrack warning on my C7

Quick Reply: Stabilitrack warning on my C7