C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Slick Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Wheelr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Slick Setup

Hello!

I'm having a hell of a time finding a drag setup for my Stingray. I've never purchased a set of wheels or slicks so I'm pretty much in the dark regarding what I need. I was looking into Weld Wheels as well as Mickey Thompson or Hoosier slicks, but I'm having a terrible time finding information regarding fitment. Bolt pattern, offset, wheel width vs tire width, radial vs bias ply, the list goes on and on. There's so much information I'm lacking that I don't even know where to begin or know what will and will not fit my car. If any of you have an existing setup I could take a look at or any information you gave give me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank You!

(Not sure if it matters but current wheel setup is stock 20in rear, 19in front)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:33 AM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheelr
Hello!

I'm having a hell of a time finding a drag setup for my Stingray. I've never purchased a set of wheels or slicks so I'm pretty much in the dark regarding what I need. I was looking into Weld Wheels as well as Mickey Thompson or Hoosier slicks, but I'm having a terrible time finding information regarding fitment. Bolt pattern, offset, wheel width vs tire width, radial vs bias ply, the list goes on and on. There's so much information I'm lacking that I don't even know where to begin or know what will and will not fit my car. If any of you have an existing setup I could take a look at or any information you gave give me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank You!

(Not sure if it matters but current wheel setup is stock 20in rear, 19in front)
I have a set of TSW wheels Silver with Mirror Cut Face 18x5 50mm offset front 17lbs and 18x10.5 65mm offset rear 20lbs, the front where narrowed by Eric Vaughn Machine. They fit pretty good. There for sale if interested. $1000. shipped. Here's a link of how they look. This isn't my car but they look the same on my car. Check out post #50 by DOCZ.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...85364727317559

Last edited by phantom1; 01-24-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:27 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Just call weld wheels, are which ever wheel CO that you see that you like the look of the rim and tell them what car you have they will fix you up 100%. That way you are not buying something that someone may know what they are talking about are may not know .

Just look at a Drag set up for the car due to being a less weight rim.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:26 AM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

There are a few threads on RaceStar's if you are looking for a reasonably priced set of dedicated drag pack wheels. 18x10.5" rears with Hoosier 315/30/18 Very light weight setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag Slick Setup

Quick Reply: Drag Slick Setup