C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in driver's side floor after rain

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 PM
cswood
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Water in driver's side floor after rain

Any one else have an issue with water leaking in? This morning I came out to find the left side carpet soaked after an overnight rain.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:52 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If you have a coupe, check to make sure the weatherstripping isn't pushed out or bunched up by the halo on the side that's leaking. Make sure the windows are going back up after they index too.
The following users liked this post:
tackmaster20 (02-21-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 04:56 AM
Jet Vet
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 116 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by cswood
Any one else have an issue with water leaking in? This morning I came out to find the left side carpet soaked after an overnight rain.
Its not unheard of... :-/

JV

Last edited by Jet Vet; 02-20-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:25 PM
tackmaster20
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!
I have all new weatherstrip in my 1994 C 4 and it is tarped, sitting level in my parking area, but I opened it up to find 2 inches of water on the drivers side floor this morning. My brand new carpet and padding are totally thrashed right now- husband took the shop vac to it as I was leaving for work and got about a gallon of water out- after I soaked up 3 big towels. In searching the internet, I have found there are 4 body drains to explore and make sure they are not plugged, and possibly drill out a little larger. I've had the car about 20 years and the water leaks have been driving me crazy. New carpet, insulation pad and weatherstripping have run me about $2500. so far........
Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 PM
cswood
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Finally!! Leak was only happening on an incline but Sandy Sansing Chevrolet in Pensacola found it. water was running through where windshield wiper is attached and was puddling up because of the incline. As the water built up it would spill over the seam and run a path to an opening that had not been sealed at the factory with enough sealant, thus water on the drivers floor board. They are replacing carpet under warranty also. Great job! Hope this helps someone else with this kind of problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by cswood:
Evan Sanza (06-16-2021), tackmaster20 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 PM
tackmaster20
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CSWOOD- I most definitely can relate to this! MY advice is to take it a reputable auto glass shop and have them do a pressure test to rule out the upper or lower windshield seals. I just went through 3 years of soaked floors. They will also be able to tell you if your weather stripping is failing anywhere. I had not done this, and spent the last 3 years chasing water- it was crazy. I did new weather stripping, targa top seals, rear window hatch seals and upper windshield seal. As it turned out, a local glass replacement company my insurance has sent me to a few years ago, did not properly clean out or replace the goop and seal under the trim up and around the windshield frame. IT turned into a hidden rain tunnel and my feet were getting soaked driving in the rain, and when my car sat outside at work, when I got in and sat down, I would have a lap full of water. I ended up at SafeLite glass and they ran a waterfall and a pressure test and told me to go to a good body shop, pop out the windshield and have the framing cleaned and re-sealed.
Wahoo! no more leaks- even in the worst downpours. Good luck to you- be vigilant if it reoccurs!

Last edited by tackmaster20; 04-13-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: did not finish as I wanted to wor this...my bad

Get notified of new replies

To Water in driver's side floor after rain

Quick Reply: Water in driver's side floor after rain